deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck ideas  (Read 572 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Deck ideas
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:09:59 am »
I've pretty much run out of deck ideas at the moment, and I would love it if everyone would share any and all crazy out of the box ideas that you have. Even if it's stupid or doesn't sound like it's good, I don't care. Also if it's a specific card or combo, I play Vintage/Logacy so you don't have to restrict yourself to just Modern or Standard legal cards
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Deck ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:41:36 pm »
When your creativity is running low this is what I do:
 1. Look at every single color combo that is available.
 2. Then Look at all the various sets or just the blocks that catch my attention.
 3. Look at the synergy behind the cards in those color combos I chose.
 4. Build what I think will work and be fun.
   That's what I do. 

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:48:04 pm »
Why not try building a deck with some of the new mechanics. Like an embalm deck or an afflict deck. What I did when I ran out of ideas was to try and build a decent blue and green deck that split the colors in half because I was told that it was almost impossible to build a good one. The deck did not really work but I did have fun trying to build it. Another deck idea is to try and build a type, such as only fairy creatures or fish or vampires or enchantment creatures.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 09:49:30 pm »
I already have a Mono B Vampire Control deck, but that's a good idea. Making Tribal  decks. Make sure to keep a lookout for me posting them xP

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:18:10 am »
It's a good way to practice playing with different creature types and learning the dynamics behind those tribes. For example, the vampires from the Original Innistrad block play different from the Now Shadows Over Innistrad vamps that have madness. New dynamics give you new ways to play.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 01:01:02 am »
Personally, I am looking at a Desert theme for HOD.  With the land from graveyard Naga, it looks like there will be quite a few sneaky tricks available...

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 01:18:56 am »
Personally, I am looking at a Desert theme for HOD.  With the land from graveyard Naga, it looks like there will be quite a few sneaky tricks available...

With 15 new deserts to choose from, you should have lots of options on which way to sneakify. It's  a cool new way to have lands be more than dead cards when they are your turn 8 draw in a grindy match.

I use Grasping Dunes from Amonkhet in my -1/-1 counter deck. It is nice to be able to use it later in the game for synergy with the other cards in that deck, but sacrificing it early is rough in a deck with only 22 lands.

I'm interested in the cycling desert cycle, and a U <> deck, using some of the blue cards from amonkhet that reward cycling with eldrazi or artifacts. Haven't focused enough on it to find specific ideas, but I wholeheartedly agree there will be something there and that naga will make it work. Now i gotta splash for green, I guess :)
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 03:27:26 am »