deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Unbelievable Demons- Hour of Devestation!  (Read 611 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Modern] Unbelievable Demons- Hour of Devestation!
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:13:46 am »
Unbelievable Demons- Hour of Devestation!

Sooo, this is the rebuild of my old unbelievable demons deck- not just new in the sense of including Hour cards, but redesigned for consistency and effectiveness!

Heartless summoning is still an extremely powerful tool, particularly early game when we want to empty our hand onto the battlefield as quickly as possible, but with the addition of hand disruption and removal, you'll have stuff to cast even if you don't draw the perfect hand. In addition, the myr superion and sire of insanity were taken out, among others- sire of insanity, while potent and allowing you to cast shah of naar isle and master of the feast without the drawbacks, really narrowed your options down and myr superion of course was a dead draw without heartless summoning. With this version, the average cmc of the creatures has been lowered to fit in a strategy in which you don't draw heartless summoning; the curve is far, far smoother. Now the most expensive card in the deck is the scorpion god.

The scorpion god is testing VERY well on untap!!  Extra cards with dusk urchins, gives you a benefit if your opponent kills off Ammit Eternal, and for 3mana you can kill off pesky 1drops- or drop counters on creatures that are in the process of dying to combat to give an extra card. And the recursion, of course. My LORD that's nice! Particularly with Fling. I've taken a liking to Flinging god on eot when my next turn is empty and recasting immediately. Fling, of course, is primarily there for abyssal persecutor shenanigans, but it's a nice combat trick regardless! Terminate is another way of getting rid of abyssal persecutor when the time comes.

I've been playing with this deck all day, and it's working excellently, but I would love suggestions. For a while I dipped out heartless summoning altogether, replacing it with generator servant, dragon tempest, and the 3drops with fliers, and various combinations in between, but I feel that heartless summoning is less subject to removal than any of them- and it's just such a damned GOOD card in this deck. Haste is the one thing I've not found a way to work into this deck yet.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Unbelievable Demons- Hour of Devestation!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:20:28 am »
So is the strategy to ramp out your hand as fast as possible?
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:25:56 am »
And then your creatures do stuff with negative counters to add synergy with The Scorpion God. Does that sound about right?

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:36:18 am »
The scorpion god synergy is, honestly, secondary to the primary theme of getting large, nasty beaters out and swinging quickly. But yes, for more attrition-style games that's the synergy we're after :)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 06:44:00 am »
Ok Crypt Ghast is good black Ramp and is Modern legal.. also comes with the ever useful extort. I think you should switch one Master of the Feast for a fourth Fling.. because if you play Abyssal Persecutor you're gonna want to get rid of it eventually.. you can also use Donate (I think that's the name)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 06:44:42 am »
I don't think that's legal it just popped into my mind

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 07:07:33 am »
Also Griselbrand is super amazing. If Dark Ritual is Modern legal that's good for that extra couple mana to play a card u need early

Hyedris

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 12:36:18 pm »
Bloodlust Inciter for your creatures to gain Haste, and Razaketh, the Foulblooded for sacrifying your Abyssal Persecutor or creatures with -1/-1 counters :)

mdev

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 12:50:23 am »
You could try Hall of the Bandit Lord for haste

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:28 am »
 Have you considered looking more into Innistrad's demons and maybe even their devils? There are some strong Rakdos Synergy in those blocks.

Heretic Cathar

• Casual player just sharing ideas
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »
RIP rhonas

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 09:28:44 am »
  That scorpion god though.....

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 06:24:33 pm »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 08:25:08 am »
Congrats Angorashi

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 08:47:24 am »
Thanks guys :)