deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] Schrodinger's Cats  (Read 1264 times)

HowlingLotus

• Decks
[Casual] Schrodinger's Cats
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:50:49 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/81091/760991-schrodinger-s-cats-

Looking for any advice to improve. The deck itself is meant more for fun and to be played in a casual manner.

Below is what I have included in the deck description to explain a few of my choices:
Gate To The Afterlife: Gain Life from creatures dying and fish for a Gift when the time is right. It also allows me to discard some Embalm/Eternalize cards to fill graveyard.
God-Pharaoh's Gift: Bring back any creature in a new 4/4 body (and multiple copies if synergy cards are in play).
Mirage Mirror: Target a Regal Caracal for an extra buff or Anointed Procession/Parallel Lives to pump out tokens for example.
Mimic Vat: Create tokens that can trigger ETB effects (unlike Mirage Mirror). Said tokens receive haste (and multiple copies if synergy cards are in play)!
Lifecrafter's Bestiary: Might be considered an odd choice, but by recycling creatures I would prefer the scry + card draw this offers.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:16:26 am by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
Re: [Casual] Schrodinger's Cats
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:03:33 am »
This looks pretty cool. I am also screwing around with doubling cat tokens; I like the path you took, cool synergy.

Lifecrafter's Bestiary is dope. So worth the scry if you can get it to stick around. I had to look up luminescent rain, bith that and collective effort are spot on for this deck.

Is this something you just threw together,  or have you played it? I'd be interested in the results.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:39:20 am »
Haven't had a chance to play it yet as I made it earlier when I posted. A fair amount of the base was from a Life Gain Cat deck I threw together previously (that way I can swap between them on the fly). I do like this one better as the other was 70 cards and has a lot going on.

I suppose I could print proxies of the new cards to give it a test run ahead of the release date. I'm also waiting to see the entire set get spoiled in case there are some other graveyard tool or more cats.

*EDIT*
I think the next step would be trying to fit in Trample somehow if I have trouble winning in the test games.

There is already a combo available in that Mimic Vat should copy Pride Sovereign (and giving it haste). Combine that with Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Mirage Mirror and there could be numerous beefy Pride Sovereign's with haste. The only issue is if they have more blockers, but I imagine you would clear their board (and hopefully have Lifelink on each from a Regal Caracal). Maybe Trample won't be needed - I'll have to see.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:46:26 am by HowlingLotus »

Gerr_SallesKhay

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:26:47 pm »
You dont know if the are dead or alive... I love it!!!

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »
 DO you like the way the deck is now or would you consider adding Red or Black to the mix?

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 09:15:47 pm »
DO you like the way the deck is now or would you consider adding Red or Black to the mix?

I thought about it, but I want to try and keep it two colours only if I can.

Now that the full set is out it appears, unless I'm blind (I am basically), that only one new cat was announced today. I would like to fit in Feral Prowler as it's a draw engine in addition to being an extra body. I don't know it I would run a play set, but maybe try and fit 2-3 in later when I'm home.

Hard to argue with a 2 mana 1/3 with card draw that I can re-animate from my graveyard.

*EDIT*
One synergy I forgot to mention was that sometimes holding onto a Gate To The Afterlife isn't a bad idea. If I can play a God-Pharaoh's Gift on turn 7 or 8 from land drops I can save a Gate To the Afterlife to possibly retrieve Gift from my graveyard if it gets blown up.

Worse comes to worse I can just fall back onto the token production from the higher CMC Cats and trying to cheat out multiple Embalmed/Eternalized Cats.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:16:13 am by HowlingLotus »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 07:50:13 am »
 An undead liter of cats does sound some what tiresome to have to deal with in combat. But you know, the black cards that we have such as supernatural stamina you can bring a cat back straight to the battlefield if it dies before your say so. Also with some of the red cards that came out you now have ways of giving your cats first strike. Something to consider....... But the feral prowler is definitely worth adding multiples of. Maybe 3 at the max unless you plan on giving them +1/+1 counters.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:07:25 am »
I'm honestly not against having multiple decks with a similar theme/tribe (I already have a few Servo decks and now 2 Cat Decks with slightly different themes), so I might consider making a cat deck with other colours. I did kind of have numerous sighs reading the remaining spoilers earlier as non-White and non-Green cards saw some nice buffs and tricks.

Feral Prowler might actually be hard for me to kill off if I have a Metallic Mimic or two on the field and/or a Regal Caracal, etc. I could keep it in reserve to block a larger creature I suppose.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 10:47:02 am »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
+2 Feral Prowler

Changed amounts:
-1 Collective Effort
-1 Mirage Mirror

I figured that I'll try 2 copies at first based on my previous post in that they might have trouble dying to get the draw. I removed a Collective Effort as it's one less thing to buff Prowler and I think -1 Mirror is okay as there are still the other artifacts/enchantments for re-animating and increased tokens.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:49:27 am by HowlingLotus »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 09:39:14 am »
  That sounds like a good idea. Start small and then work your deck as you need to later.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 01:25:02 am »
If the leak of Feline Ferocity for Commander is true I think Arahbo, the 'main' commander, would fit into this deck. Not sure what additional new cats might appear in there, but Arahbo's buff ability and trample ability could solve some of my concerns of my current deck list getting chump blocked over and over.

Speculation until we see an official announcement, but it has me excited. The chance to re-animate and have multiple Pride Sovereign on the board and then double their power and give trample seems deadly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:32:50 am by HowlingLotus »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 09:12:54 am »
It sound like too many cats and not enough milk.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 06:50:22 pm »
I want to make some custom kitten tokens to use as my play group does play casual after all.

Release the kittens!!!

*Edit*
It's a shame that Arahbo is Legendary... could have done some nasty things with Mirage Mirror otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:13:18 pm by HowlingLotus »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 05:56:33 am »
Well when in doubt whip another cat out! Use that mirror on other cats and get triggers for days :)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 05:58:34 am »
Why is Feral Prowler listed as other
Nils is the God I worship