deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Vile Living End! Twisted!  (Read 120 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Modern] Vile Living End! Twisted!
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:22:39 pm »
Vile Living End! Twisted!

Okay, so this is essentially version two of my VILE MANIFESTATION Living End deck!

The basis of this deck is having more win conditions than vanilla Living End. With this deck, you start off hardcasting vile manifestation(which grows EXTREMELY quickly as you cycle), hollow one (which can be cast VERY early particularly if you have street wraith or faerie macabre in hand- I've cast multiple hollow ones for free turn 1 several times in testing), and optionally curator of mysteries / architects of will if your board presence is superior. As for Living End, you cast it with either As Foretold of Yahenni's Expertise. (Incidentily, Yahenni's Expertise is an excellent board wipe when you're keeping board superiority, as nearly all of your creatures are 4toughness. Keep in mind that if you cast living end with yahenni's expertise, no creature killed by yahenni's expertise will be brought back with living end!) This deck can require a bit of thought in when you prefer to cast living end. If your board presence is superior, it's better to continue hardcasting creatures and cycling to grow vile manifestations, holding living end back as more of a trump card. On the flip side, you can comfortably throw away your creatures as chump blockers if you know you're about to living end and want to bring them back for round 2!

However, I recognize that this deck doesn't do what traditional Living End decks want to do quite as well- that is, cycle half your deck into a cascade immediately. This deck is susceptable to hand disruption- if your opponent starts picking out your LE/as foretolds right off the bat, you're at a disadvantage if you're wanting to living end until you obtain the necessary pieces, made worse by the fact that you hactually have to have living end in hand. Recently I've found the solution to be sideboarding ardent plea! Obviously, for this to work, you trade them out 1 for 1 with vile manifestation, as vile manifestation is the only other card in the deck that can be ran into with cascade. Now you have As Foretold, Yahenni's Expertise, and Ardent Plea to find and cast living end- and ardent plea is the perfect topdraw-able answer!

Another plus side to this deck is that graveyard hate does NOT equal concede! Drake Haven gives you the option of trading your expensive cyclers for a swarm of drakes, and hardcasting creatures is viable here with the average CMC being lowered drastically from the original Living End!

Well, I'd love to hear ideas in keeping with this theme. I'm having a ton of fun playtesting it, and while I'm going to keep my other living end deck pieces intact- it does what it does well and no point in fixing what ain't broke- I plan on picking up the pieces to play this one at FNM as well on fun days :)