deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I need some advice.  (Read 2532 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: I need some advice.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 08:25:43 am »
Can you build the deck and post it so it's easier to look at everything?
Nils is the God I worship

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 08:52:17 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/19961/761678-deck-15-the-viridian-shield/en

I have replaced the green/black Viridian Shield with the new decklist.  Viridian is more of a bluish green than a blackish green, anyway (that would be Olive, Pine, or Forest.)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 09:08:49 am »
Maybe 3 Nissa and no Perpetual Timepiece and no Watchers of the Dead. 2 Nissa for consistency and 1 for removal. Hour of Devastation is adding some more removal for planeswalkers so just one doesn't seem like the best idea if she kept u alive

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 09:09:59 am »
Besides I don't see why those are in there.. they're one ofs, and not particularly good

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 09:40:18 am »
There were originally two Perpetual Timepieces and no Watchers of the Dead, but I thought having the extra creature would be of help.  It wasn't.

That is the only Nissa I own, though I may look in to getting a second.  The blue flier adds a counter to any permanent, including Nissa.  Insidious Will is in the deck because I can protect Nissa with it.  But perhaps I'm better off forgetting her and going with a fourth Scaled Behemoth, or as someone I tested with suggested, this one creature that grants all attacking creatures +X+X, based upon what she is.

Maybe I should remove some of the green anti-artifact spells in favor of green fogs so blows are glancing instead of fatal.

What about Hunt the Weak or Prey Upon?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:02:33 am by Chronologist »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 05:10:34 pm »
I can't remember the spell name but instead of having your creature fight other creatures, why don't u use a spell that has it deal damage equal to its power instead.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 08:17:57 am »
ambuscade is probably the card you are thinking of and yes that would be a good choice. Anything enchant or artifact destroy should be side boarded because there is no guarantee that the opponent will be playing those spells. As replacements aerial guide would help give your hexproof creature flying, tenacious hunter if you decide to add some -1/-1 green cards to the mix (the crocodiles are good for that), and also mirage mirror believe it or not would be helpful in this deck. What do you think of these recommendations so far?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 08:30:22 am »
With a spell like Ambuscade your 2/2 can now take out a 3/3 without dying.. much better than fighting.

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 09:44:38 am »
Since I'm also going for Delirium, would a sorcery-speed one-sided spell work better?  I really wanted Hunt the Weak, but the 4 mana cost is too great of a disadvantage compared to the likes of Rabid Bite or Nature's Way.

But I could easily remove one Bastion Inventor and 1 Negate for a pair of Aerial Guides.  That's a good idea I am grateful for.  I'll see if I can get a Mirage Mirror, but I don't think I can afford it.  It might be wicked fun, though.

How do you guys feel about me removing one Scaled Behemoth and perhaps, just perhaps, my Nissa, for one or two Cultivator of Blades?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 09:47:48 am »
I'm thinking definitely not.. I'm seeing no trample so it's not worth removing Nissa

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 11:10:20 am »
How does this decklist look?

//Lands
11 Forest
11 Island

//Artifacts
1 Perpetual Timepiece

//Instants
3 Ambuscade
4 Disappearing Act
4 Insidious Will
3 Negate

//Sorceries
3 Creeping Mold

//Planeswalkers
1 Nissa, Nature's Artisan

//Creatures
2 Aerial Guide
2 Bastion Inventor
3 Kujar Seedsculptor
3 Noose Constrictor
3 Obsessive Skinner
2 Scaled Behemoth
2 Skyship Plunderer
3 Wild Wanderer
1 Ancient Crab

Is Sultai a good idea so I can use Murder as removal, and counter Hour of Devastation with Rush of Vitality (since it does strip my cards of indestructible, but unlike the Theros archetypes, it doesn't say they can't regain it).  Then there's the medical properties of the Cartouche of Ambition.  Of course, the problem with a Sultai deck is it'll screw up my mana and rob me of counterspells. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:19:01 pm by Chronologist »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 05:45:50 pm »
 The perpetual timepiece in my opinion needs to go because it does not push towards the purpose of the deck and it would throw away your vital cards without you knowing. If anything contingency plan would be a better spell if your're going towards delirium because you can actually choose what hits the grave.

Nissa should come out and the ancient crab because while they are "good cards" there are better ways that you can push this deck forward. For example, if you add scrounging bandar than you've got a low drop creature that will give you +1/+1 counters. Also lifecrafter's gift then you can get the +1/+1 counters across the board without having to rely on your flying pirate.

If anything for this deck I would recommend BANT (W/G/U) over SULTAI (B/G/U) in this deck because the +1/+1 generation is something you'd see in a deck where field presence and a strong creature line up is important. Black does not care about strengthening its armies and does not hesitate to sacrifice. White preserves and strengthens everyone so all your warriors survive the battles to come. If you do go triple color then that's what you'd want to do.

Also if you decide to add red as a third color and make this deck TEMUR (G/U/R) then you can incorporate the energy mechanic in this deck and incorporate scrounging bandar with fabrication module. You will have SOOO many +1/+1 counters and you can place them on the bandar every turn because every turn scrounging bandar gives a +1/+1 counter to another creature. This will keep him alive and every turn someone is getting stronger.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 06:25:25 pm »
In fact for +1/+1 counter themed.. mono green kicks ass (see my hydra deck for an example :P )

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 06:03:09 am »
I like mono green for this..