deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I need some advice.  (Read 2526 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: I need some advice.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 08:06:01 am »
I like the bant deck. Bouncing angels is always fun when it lets you bounce other creatures as well.

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 09:07:40 am »
That was why I wanted the Disappearing Act as my counterspell, for its ability to bounce my +1/+1 generators and my mana-hunters back to my hand.  The angels will help with that.

I fret that the deck won't be quite as strong as it should as 3-color, but it does seem to get me what I need.  Just a few little pieces to pick up, too, nothing expensive.  And Call for Unity seems like it was made for a deck like this.

My only question now is should I run three of Woodcutter's Grit or Hepatra's Mark to protect Sigarda until e. o. t. or should I rely on my counter/reflects?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:26:16 am by Chronologist »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 09:26:01 am »
Well keep in mind that not all color pairings are meant to do the same things. Just because Bant doesn't have the aggro of Jund or destruction of Grixis doesn't mean that it isn't strong in it's forms of support and protection. Strength can be proven by how you demonstrate you power is a matter of choice and perception. I feel that a Zombie Esper (U/W/B) deck that can drain 4-5 life per turn is STRONG compared to a Naya deck that might pump out 6 CMC creatures every turn for low mana costs through cost reductions or mana ramps. Lets focus on this deck an make it as strong as can be. The development of this deck and watching it grow will help with your deck building skills.

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 05:38:37 am »
Well, how does this list look?

//Lands
8 Forest
8 Island
8 Plains

//Artifacts
1 Perpetual Timepiece

//Enchantments
1 Call for Unity
2 Lunar Force

//Instants
4 Disappearing Act
3 Insidious Will

//Sorceries
3 Ironwright's Cleansing

//Planeswalkers
1 Ajani Unyielding
1 Nissa, Nature's Artisan

//Creatures
3 Kujar Seedsculptor
3 Obsessive Skinner
3 Scaled Behemoth
1 Sigarda, Heron's Grace
3 Skyship Plunderer
3 Aerial Responder
3 Wild Wanderer
3 Wispweaver Angel

I picked the Aerial Responders over the Subjugator Angels because they have healing power and vigilance, and they cost 3 mana rather than 6.  Against a fast foe, the lifelink and the cheap cost makes an effective offset, especially since they become a very good thing to put +1/+1 counters on to increase the lifegain.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 06:20:34 am »
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 10:44:16 am »
The aerial responder was a good choice for this deck. My question though is how do you plan on playing around with the call for unity? The lunar force was a good combo piece but are you going to add more cards to augment this?

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 07:19:59 pm »
Call For Unity says "left the battlefield".  That means the bounce effect from Wispweaver Angel and Disappearing Act trigger the +1/+1 effect. 

Following that line of reasoning, what if I dropped one Disappearing Act for one Identity Thief

Okay then, how does this decklist look?

//Lands
7 Forest
7 Island
7 Plains
2 Evolving Wilds

//Artifacts
1 Perpetual Timepiece

//Enchantments
1 Call for Unity
2 Lunar Force

//Instants
4 Disappearing Act
3 Insidious Will

//Sorceries
3 Ironwright's Cleansing

//Planeswalkers
1 Ajani Unyielding
1 Nissa, Nature's Artisan

//Creatures
3 Aerial Responder
1 Identity Thief
3 Kujar Seedsculptor
3 Obsessive Skinner
3 Scaled Behemoth
2 Sigarda, Heron's Grace
2 Skyship Plunderer
3 Wild Wanderer
3 Wispweaver Angel
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:29:16 am by Chronologist »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 08:20:04 am »
 IT could possibly work. Just keep in mind that your enchantment only triggers when your permanents leave the field, not your opponent's. Now if you are constantly flickering your own stuff then it could work. Also it's a good combat trick.

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 08:37:54 am »
I was only interested in flickering my own things.  Disappearing Act doesn't return anything my opponent controls, just me.  Wispweaver Angel also only flickers things I control.  Identity Thief, conversely, can flicker something an opponent controls, but Call For Unity won't always be on the battlefield and I can make it flicker a creature that hurts the enemy upon arrival.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 06:50:09 pm »
 So ETB effects would be your best way to run this deck. Play enough low drops so that you're not sitting  with expensive angels in your hands and you should be good.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 05:26:52 am »
I was only interested in flickering my own things.  Disappearing Act doesn't return anything my opponent controls, just me.  Wispweaver Angel also only flickers things I control.  Identity Thief, conversely, can flicker something an opponent controls, but Call For Unity won't always be on the battlefield and I can make it flicker a creature that hurts the enemy upon arrival.

Just putting this in there - GMoto is spot on about revolt only triggering if your permanent was the one who left the battlefield - another point is revolt only works on your turn, so any flickering with instants on opponent's turn won't trigger revolt.

I've always wanted to use call for unity; this looks like a fun deck - good luck!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 08:47:21 am »
Also just out of curiosity, are you focusing this deck more on the block itself or on the game play tactic that you're gearing the deck around? If so then having this deck focused on kaladesh may be a good choice for you. Also acrobatic maneuver, aether tradewinds, alley evasion, aviary mechanic, deadeye harpooner, and also sram's expertise would be a good choice. You can make token creatures that you can sac once per turn for your unity's revolt trigger, then you can play ANY of your 3-drop or less creatures off of that same spell.

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2017, 09:36:28 am »
Those are all very good points.  Thank you all.  I'd like to give this deck a whirl as it currently exists, and when it doesn't work, then I'll implement changes based upon your advice.

Thank you again.  :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 06:38:14 pm »
  You are very welcome, I hope that you have much success with your deck building and that you have a great day. If you need anything else let us know.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2017, 06:39:41 pm »
"And when it doesn't work" you gotta have a positive attitude man, don't think like that  :(
Nils is the God I worship