deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Living End: As Foretold!  (Read 731 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Modern] Living End: As Foretold!
« on: July 09, 2017, 06:17:32 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/65144/766615-living-end-as-foretold-/en

Okay, so this is an idea that's been bouncing around in my head all morning, not sure if it's feasible yet- but the idea behind this deck is to cast living end with As Foretold, rather than cascade. That allows us to use
vile Manifestation without risking cascading into it, and gives us an additional venue of getting creatures onto the field- HARDCASTING them rather than just cascading! The idea is to be able to cast a steadily growing vile manifestation, Hollow One, maybe even the cheaper hardcasted curator of the mysteries, and use discretion as to when to cast living end through as foretold. Of course these cards can also be cycled themselves so if you know you're going to be casting living end soon, just cycle them!

Now, I would LOVE some ideas for this deck, particularly in the sense of removal and sideboard options. Since cascade is no longer an issue, cards under 3cmc are viable again. A third color can easily be splashed on a budget, with cycling creatures such as jhessian zombies to grab shock lands. I'm a bit torn between splashing green or red.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:05:33 pm by angorashi »

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Living End: As Foretold!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:41:41 pm »
Exiling cards is ur best bet for removal, otherwise they'll comeback with Living End. You could go white for Angelic Purge or red for Magma Spray
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 06:43:28 pm »
There are better options than Street Wraith also.. it's there to essentially reduce the size of your deck because it's manaless cycling

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »
Angelic purge looks like an excellent choice! Sacing a vile manifestation or hollow one right before a living end is delicious :)

Street wraith though, I'm more torn on. Being  a free cycler is amazing for putting out an early hollow one- not to mention being perfectly themed for living end as a whole. I'm giving it a shot with using architects of will instead, however

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »
The only time I'd use street wraith is if u finished ur deck and ur under 60 cards. Because other than Cycling he isn't very good

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 07:27:39 pm »
Living end is basically a mass reanimation spell. I would remove street wraith for reanimation targets. U can check legality or use ur own but good ones are Iona, Shield of Emeria, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger, and Blazing Archon. Of course there are others, but you should focus on big things with game ending abilities and support. So maybe remove 4 Street Wraith wnd add Ulamog, Elesh Norn, Blazing Archon, and Buried Alive (one ofs)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »
Ok they're all legal except buried alive, which can just be a Street Wraith
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:30:28 pm by Soren841 »

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
The thing is you also need a way to put your living end targets into the graveyard. That's why cyclers are used. They put themselves into the graveyard, often replacing themselves with another cycler, etc, making it very easy to living end into a LOT of creatures. How would I put Ulamog or Iona into the graveyard reliably? I would need to replace a large chunk of my deck with looter effects. That would force me to go the route of having a few really strong reanimator targets, in which living end isn't really worth it anymore and you might as well just build a Goryo deck.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 07:38:55 pm »
There are plenty of cards.. if ur going white for Angelic Purge you could do Peace of Mind

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 07:39:59 pm »
Life Gain, and less mana than some cycling in case ur down to one mana

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 07:40:35 pm »
So u can just dump all ur creatures into the GY before living end

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 07:42:26 pm »
Celestial Dawn for mana fixing essentially makes all your land tap for any color

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 07:44:39 pm »
Deck: Living End: As Foretold!
Something like this maybe?

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »
true, but cycling shines because it not only puts the creature in the graveyard, it replaces itself with another card in your hand. I think you're underestimating the board wipe power of living end as well. Ideally you're wiping their board at the same time as you put a lethal damage amount of creatures from your graveyard onto the battlefield. I mean, your idea could be worth playtesting, but it just ups the amount of cards you HAVE to have in your hand to pull it off. With this version, yes you need as foretold and living ends, but with so many cyclers you reach them much faster while filling your graveyard with a bunch of cyclers that are more or less interchangable in usefulness, along with hollow one and vile manifestation that can either be beaters until you reach living end OR more cyclers, whichever you choose.

I might make a goryo deck too, I do love reanimator. I just feel like you're wanting to mash the two decks together and I can't see it working well.

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 07:46:39 pm »
I should also mention that I only build what I can budget. I have the iona but elesh and ulamog are unrealistic for me right now