deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Fraying God's  (Read 299 times)

prodigalson360

• Decks
[Standard] Fraying God's
« on: July 13, 2017, 11:36:06 am »
Fraying God's

Mill deck and counter until God's come. Has some wipeboard. Still Working on it. Can use opinions. Maybe I should subsitute Planeswalkers?

bulgymilk

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Fraying God's
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:49:12 pm »
Bontu the Glorified and Scrapheap Scrounger seem really out of place here. I don't think you have enough creatures to keep them both happy. I would recommend taking them out for more removal/counterspells/draw (Glimmer of Genius is pretty good)

Also 19 lands seems like way too few. I would recommend trying to fit in at least 24-25.

Freshness

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:36 pm »
As mentionned above, creatures are not supposed to kill things but just hold until you can mill. I'd rather have walls that can hold than scrapheap. Things like Consulate Skygate or Moaning Wall are great and the second one can cycle as well. Why play grixis? You don't need to cast the gods. You have little use for them, you want to rush the mill.
Save time: See it my way.

prodigalson360

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:49 am »
Thanks for your input guys. What I found so far it's of course a little slow, Maybe something to speed it up? It's been 14 years. I made mmy return 2 months ago

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 03:58:00 am »
You want to fill their graves and pull their creatures from them with The Scarab God.  Four copies of Fraying Sanity helps, but it needs cards to trigger.  Abrade can kill a creature in a pinch or destroy annoying artifacts, making it a great red card to assist in a two for one deal.  Banewhip Punisher to let you kill an annoying creature regardless of its toughness.  By force for artifact heavy decks on your sideboard.  Lethal Sting.  Lilliana, Death Weilder.  Never // ReturnViolent Impact kills a land, triggers fraying sanityDispossessSeer of the Last TomorrowWinds of RebukeDoomfallLay Bare the HeartDreamstealerNimble ObstructionistTorment of HailfireTorment of ScarabsWretched Camel.  Every time a card hits their graveyard, whether from their deck, their hand or the battlefield, they lose another option (or two or more, if more than one fraying sanity is out), so you want to flip the board as often as possible.  Creatures with deathtouch are your friends, such as wasteland scorpion.  But you want their deaths tocount by taking down threats.  Perhaps one of the best creature killers is Hour of Devastation, allowing you to even take out Oketra, Hazoret, Bontu, Rhonas and Kefnet.  I would definitely take The Scorpion God over Bontu.

mkzp

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:25:21 am »
I agree mostly with the above, Bontu the Glorified and Scraphead Scrounger do not fit to well in the deck, also you don't have a target for Torrential Gearhulk, and Glimmer of Genius would be nice. Think about Kefnet the Ponderer as god. I like the idea with The Scarab God but it's pretty mana intensive. Also the Unlisenced Disintegration seems too out of place

prodigalson360

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 04:12:32 am »
Made some changes, can use new advice I am on untap if you want to play? Any comments or thoughts on the deck? Much appreciated

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-2 Bontu the Glorified
-2 Censor
-3 Insidious Will
-3 Pull from Tomorrow
-3 Scrapheap Scrounger
-2 Torrential Gearhulk
-3 Unlicensed Disintegration
+3 Abrade
+3 Banewhip Punisher
+3 Hour of Devastation