deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Riddle me this  (Read 327 times)

lysdexicnick

• Decks
Riddle me this
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:19:54 pm »
I cast hazoret's undying fury and the first card i get is verdurous gearhulk and then the next one is fling (two irrelevant cards after that). Let's say i cast both without paying their mana costs. Can I fling verdurous gearhulk for 8, 4, or not at all?

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Riddle me this
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:22:54 pm »
You can if you cast the gearhulk and let it resolve before casting Fling..
Nils is the God I worship

lysdexicnick

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:56 pm »
You can if you cast the gearhulk and let it resolve before casting Fling..

so that means i can cast them at any time during the rest of my turn (assuming the legal times to cast them) or does it happen instantaneously? If that's the case I can't let him resolve them fling him

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:33:12 pm »
I cast hazoret's undying fury and the first card i get is verdurous gearhulk and then the next one is fling (two irrelevant cards after that). Let's say i cast both without paying their mana costs. Can I fling verdurous gearhulk for 8, 4, or not at all?

I'm not a judge, and many others on this site have more experience, but lemme attack this with kitchen table logic:

Assuming you want to do it all with free spells from Hazoret's Undying Fury, you have to cast all the spells for Hazoret's Undying Fury before you can move on to something else. So you pick your spells, they go on and come off the stack in order.

Here is the reason i think it will not work: if you cast the gearhulk first, it goes on the stack, then fling. Gearhulk hasn't resolved when you pay fling's additional casting cost of sacrificing, and you wanna sac the gearhulk. If you cast fling first then gearhulk, gearhulk will not even been cast when you need to pay the additional cost of saccing the gearhulk.

That's the way I read it, if I read your question right. Maybe Hazoret's Undying Fury allows you to cast your first spell, let it resolve, then cast additional spells with the effect from the red sorcery.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 06:38:28 pm »
If it all has to happen at that moment then no u can't 😕

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:39:27 pm »
I would check the ruling for hazoret's undying fury to be sure

Mishra

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 06:43:09 pm »
@CardAgain Sweater:

You are right. All spells that you may cast with Hazoret's Undying Fury are considered being cast simultaneously when Hazoret's Undying Fury resolves. You can not use them later in the turn.
All you get to do is to decide the order in which those spells go on the stack. You can not let one of those spells fully resolve before casting the next. So that means by the time you have to pay the additional cost for Fling the Gearhulk won't be in play.

lysdexicnick

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 07:14:16 pm »
That makes total sense, and it's also saddening. I want to hit for 8 direct damage for 6 mana and maybe another creature or two :P.

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:08:45 pm »
You can't Fling anything that you cast with Hazoret's Undying Fury no matter what order you decide to let the spells resolve because you must sacrifice the creature as Fling is cast. Nothing could have a chance to enter the battlefield before you're forced to sacrifice a creature. In other words, you don't sacrifice the creature as Fling resolves, it happens as it enters the stack.