deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mirage Mirror ruling question--  (Read 973 times)

Nickadimoose

• Decks
Mirage Mirror ruling question--
« on: July 19, 2017, 05:46:07 pm »
Howdy folks,

I'm trying to make a deck and I had a fun idea that revolved around the use of Mirage Mirror to copy Enchantment - Aura cards. Essentially what I wanted to do was utilize Fraying Sanity, attach it to the other player and then periodically copy Fraying Sanity with Mirage Mirror. Unfortunately, while doing my due diligence to ensure all cards work as thought, I came across this text for the card-ruling;

"6/27/2017 If Mirage Mirror becomes a copy of an Aura, it’s put into its owner’s graveyard unless it’s somehow attached to an appropriate object or player already. If it becomes a copy of an Equipment and is attached to a creature, it’ll become unattached when it becomes a non-Equipment artifact again."

So, if I'm understanding this correctly if I have Fraying Sanity copy an Aura, it won't be attached to anything, so it'll go directly to the graveyard? That's how I'm reading the text right now. May I get a second opinion on this part?

calebbw

• Decks
Re: Mirage Mirror ruling question--
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:55:28 pm »
That's interesting. I don't think Mirrage Mirror could possibly copy an Aura with "Enchant player." It seems to be designed so that you can't copy Fraying Sanity and have it stick around. However, on a side note, if you wanted to copy an Aura with "Enchant creature," you could get away with it but only if you had first copied an Equipment and paid the Equip costs to get it attached.

Nickadimoose

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:55 pm »
Yeah, I think that's the negative I'm finding with this card. I really want to use it, just don't know what for yet.

After the Fraying Sanity copy-failure, I figured maybe I could do equipment copy effects and use Sigarda's Aid to trigger equipment equips without having to pay the cost. However, since none of what Mirage Mirror ends up copying enters the battlefield, that too, seems like a lost idea.

Thanks for the reply! Now, back to the drawing board to try to find where to stick this card...

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:18:49 pm »
You could do it in Zombies.. have it copy Liliana's Mastery
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:29 pm »
Or copy something else that buffs zombies

lysdexicnick

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »
You could do it in Zombies.. have it copy Liliana's Mastery

they would get the +1/+1 but because it's a "enter the battlefield" triggered ability getting the 2 2/2 zombies wouldnt happen.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »
I know, the +1/+1 effect can be very powerful