deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Standard Turn 3-4 Wins  (Read 466 times)

Xandarino

• Decks
Standard Turn 3-4 Wins
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:59:58 am »
I Saw that there were only like 2 combos that were featured for a turn 3 win con in standard, but I know there must be more. If anyone has any other ideas besides Flameblade Adept + Noose Constrictor + Shadow of the Grave or Consulate Dreadnought + Toolcraft Exemplar + Siege Modification it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
Re: Standard Turn 3-4 Wins
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:42:55 am »
I Saw that there were only like 2 combos that were featured for a turn 3 win con in standard, but I know there must be more. If anyone has any other ideas besides Flameblade Adept + Noose Constrictor + Shadow of the Grave or Consulate Dreadnought + Toolcraft Exemplar + Siege Modification it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are 3 turn kills a thing in standard? I wanted to do a tournament soon. Turn 3 seems fast for standard.

Opening nut draw for combo in hand, on the draw: flameblade, noose, shadowofgrave, mountain, forest, swamp, 7thcard doesn't matter.

T1 - Draw who cares what card, play mountain, play flameblade - noose, shadowofgrave, forest, swamp, +2 whocarescards in hand

T2 - Draw whocareswhatcard, Play forest, play constrictor, (maybe get in for 1 free damage with flameblade?) - shadowofgrave, swamp, +3 whocarescards in hand

T3 - Draw whocareswhatcard, play swamp, discard 4 whocareswhatcards to noose pumping noose to 6/6 and flameblade to 5/5, play shadowofgrave to bring those 4 back and do it again pumping those 2 to 10/10 & 9/9, attack with both. If you did damage with flameblade turn 2, that is 20 total.

To be blunt, that seems like a lot of luck to get a turn 3 kill. I believe turn 5 is more realistic if you want consistency. Maybe you were just asking for fastest possible. How does the other combo you mentioned play out?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:45:02 am by CardAgain Sweater »
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

ladof

• Decks
Re: Standard Turn 3-4 Wins
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:09:47 pm »
It could work, but you're basically assuming that your opponent does nothing for two to three turns. Play a blocker and noose constrictor is irrelevant. Fatal push kills both, harassed lightning kills the adept. Censor or essence scatter van disrupt your constrictor (or both if the opponent goes first.)

Basically, I don't think I'd build a deck around this, but if you're running BGR, you could have it as a win condition if it fits into the deck.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.