deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Foretold Doom  (Read 211 times)

lysdexicnick

• Decks
Foretold Doom
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:33:34 pm »
Helps. Helps me make this deck make sense if it doesn't already. I want deck to revolve around imminent doom and as foretold.

https://deckstats.net/decks/89907/775003-hisoka-s-deck-of-foretold-doom?saved=1&lng=en

bulgymilk

• Decks
Re: Foretold Doom
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:01:15 pm »
Hey there!

I think this deck would want to focus less on creatures (maybe playing none) and more on spells.

Not sure if there are enough 1-drop cards to get the Imminent Doom started. Maybe some number of Unsummon? Also Abrade is pretty good as a 2-drop.

For this kind of deck you really want to have varied costs up the curve, so a bunch of ones/twos/threes etc. Not sure what the exact mix is, but through testing you'll see if you can reliably put counters on Imminent Doom. Right now you have 7 one cost, and only 6 two cost. I don't think that will be enough. Baral's Expertise also has negative synergy with Imminent Doom, because it casts the spells in reverse order (5 then 4, where doom wants 4 then 5) I would consider removing them, maybe to be replaced with Hour of Devastation.

Maybe some number of Supreme Will would be good. And some 1/2 mana interaction. I would say something like 8 one drop spells, 10-12 two drop, then your 7 'engine' enchantments, along with 6-8 three drops, and maybe some 4's and 5's. Once you start dealing 4 and 5 damage with the Imminent Doom, the game should be over (considering there's also burn spells in the deck)

I like that the aftermath cards are two different costs, so they can trigger the Imminent Doom twice.

Some other cards that may be good: Collective Defiance, Fateful Showdown, Censor, Essence Scatter, Negate, Shock, Fevered Visions (though maybe better for the board in case of Solemnity or something, don't wanna overload on 3-cost enchantments) Commit // Memory

It's possible with so many spells that Enigma Drake could be really good. Anyway, hope this helped! ;D

yardsalejesus

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »
I agree with everything stated above.

Keep in mind that with this style of deck the Mana Curve is going to be very important.    I wouldn't use Baral's Expertise either.  because it does go backwards on the casting costs.

Confiscation Coup would be good in this deck so you can take some creatures of theirs for your own defense.   

And I would include more burn in the decks.   At least a couple copies of Flame Lash   and 1 copy of Inferno Jet

Harnessed lightning goes well with Confiscation Coup.

lysdexicnick

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 07:53:08 pm »
Look at the deck now. Seem a little bit more balanced?

franklinjmolley

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 12:52:04 pm »
Hi, landed at this site, nice place, interesting builds here.  K, just wanted to make a note regarding Fall of the Titans and Imminent Doom.  For some reason, for Magic Online, I found neither hardcasting this spell with double x, R or as a follow up from another previously cast spell as noted in "Surge" as R, X, they neither triggered I.D. to up a doom counter or to deal damage.  Just letting you know for those who playtest on MTGO.  I"ll update this post with any new info following my BUG submission I did this morning.