deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rhystic Land Hate - Comments  (Read 440 times)

Comment Bot

Rhystic Land Hate - Comments
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »
Rhystic Land Hate

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

TheHoff

• Hello, played magic over 15 years
  • Decks
Re: Rhystic Land Hate - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:25:49 pm »
Nice Deck, really like it. Have you consider Muddle the Mixture ???
It will counter and it can be a search engine for your Enchantments.

and maybe Tainted Well is cool to :) a draw and can make a plains, forest, mountain and Island into a swamp.
Hello all, Im Patrick but call me Peddy (everyone dues)

Played alot of Magic in my life. All started way back in the Odyssey Block, then i bought my first Black Red Starter deck *ooh the memories* First rare Braids cabal Minion. still one of my favorites.

I play pauper now only for Fun.

Bye Bye!

timquaffspotion

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:15:21 pm »
Thanks! Muddle the Mixture's a nice idea - I'll try it out the next time I play the deck. I originally had Pendrell Flux as well as Slow Motion, so it could fetch that too, in a pinch.

ExperimentXIX

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:28:43 am »
Mana leak might be better off as removal instead. Almost everything else in your deck is sorcery speed, so you don't really have a way to capitalize on the untapped mana if you don't need to counter. Could be any targeted removal or more card selection like preordain.

I could see you losing to ghostly flicker loops to pull the enchantments off of the land. Heck, they could just flicker 2 lands and 2-for one and call it a day. Not really sure how you'd beat that unless rhystic study is going nuts, especially if they run enchantment removal in their sideboard.

How bad is it to play rhystic study on 3? Is it okay taking a turn off of soft locking to play it?

Let me know what you think! I'm curious what you've experienced in playtesting and this deck looks super cool. I love the grim guardian, wind zendikon and paralyze because they force action, which is your gameplan. Without those, I think people would just tap their lands carelessly anyway, so good choices!

timquaffspotion

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 12:12:56 pm »
Thanks! Yeah, I agree about Mana Leak. I've been tweaking the deck a bit recently and that's kind of a leftover. I had three Doom Blade, which could go back into that slot. Or I've been playing around with some other CMC1 enchantments that fill the same role as Paralyze and could add weight to the shutdown plan, but none of them's quite as good as it - things like Sinister Possession and Seal of Removal. I had Betrayal for a while, but that was pretty weak. Or I could go back to Pendrell Flux, which has the advantage that Muddle the Mixture can fetch it.

You're right about Flicker decks. I haven't played one, and I'm not sure what I'd do against them.

Playing Rhystic Study turn 3 really depends on the opponent. Usually it's better sticking with the land enchants if they're getting fresh lands out. Once it hits the table though, it does a lot of work. I usually get it out turn 5, and it's still effective then.

It's a fun deck to play. I like it because it doesn't completely shut the opponent out like a land destruction deck, so you still get a good game of Magic.