deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander 2017 Spoilers  (Read 519 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
Commander 2017 Spoilers
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
So we now know the four Tribes that will be the themes for the next set: Cats (with an equipment subtheme), Dragons (with effects upon Dragons attacking subtheme), Vampires and Wizards.  Either vampires or wizards have a curse subtheme, and it looks like wizards will get the nod for curses.  Anyone got their eye on one of these decks?  I'm eyeing cats eagerly...

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: Commander 2017 Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:50:52 pm »
I am going to guess wizards with cursing and vampires with Goad, forcing players to hit anyone but themselves.  Should be interesting to see how the themes and subthemes line up.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:58:20 pm »
Totally buying all 4, who's with me ;D
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:59:08 pm »
For the 56 cards only found in the decks, if nothing else

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:07:06 pm »
I'm anxiously awaiting to see what reprints there are as much as the new cards. Could effect the prices of some things that have crept up lately (I'm looking at you Konda's Banner- are you really a $7 card?).
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 04:31:55 pm »
First.. Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith  gets you this Hammer of Nazahn . Now since you would be running green/white you can add this Sigarda's Aid that can do about the same thing. You add Bloodforged War Axe   with either the Hammer or Sigarda's Aid you will have basically Voltron Creature(s).
Instantly attaching another Axe everytime an equipped creature does damage to a player. Then if a creature dies you still will have endless equipment tokens of Bloodforged War Axe. There are other possibilities with other creatures that get themselves equipped for free or gain additional +! +! when equipped and so forth. Those 2 artifact equipments are going to be fun in Commander.

Then green is getting this darn good ramp card Traverse the Outlands. Worst case scenario I would think you are only getting 2-3 lands. Best case scenario is getting all your basic lands out.

I like this in white, Alms Collector. Ok do your magnus of the wheel while I flash in Alms Collector and draw 10 cards and my 3 opponents only draw 1 card.

This in black looks just like fun, Curse of Disturbance. You target player whenever player is attacked by you get a 2/2 zombie, then when an opponent attacks you also get a 2/2 zombie along with attacking player getting a 2/2 zombie. You can also curse yourself and get the 2/2 zombie if you are being attacked. This card will work well in lots of decks but I am sure it is geared towards zombie tribals

Red well.. this card just looks fun and seems funny Disrupt Decorum
Goad all creatures you don't control.
(Until your next turn, those creatures attack each combat if able and attack a player other than you if able.)

There are others I do like but like reading what others think about these cards and the other cards

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 06:34:46 pm »
Disrupt Decorum is why I think that vampires are getting goad.  Force an opponent to tap out their arny against other opponents and leave them open to an attack by you and everyone else next turn.  Whoever was leading the game could be in for some major trouble... Except cats.  Cats has Mirri to limit attackers and blockers to 1 against them.  And equipment to give plenty of options for indestructible and vigilence. Dragons will either take out an opponent or leave someone open.  Wizards...eh, they probably will have illusionist's gambit.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 06:40:13 pm »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 06:56:07 pm »
This works with any tribal them deck..

Kindred Summons
5GG
Instant
Choose a creature type. Reveal the top card card of your library until you reveal X creatures of the chosen type, where X is the number of creatures you control of the chosen type, and place them onto the battlefield. Shuffle the other revealed cards into your library.

Then this leaves you open to constantly use your chump blockers
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
1GW
Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior
First Strike

Whenever Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist attacks, each opponent can't block with more than one creature this combat.

As long as Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist is tapped, no more than one creature can attack you each combat.

More tribal theme.. :)
Kindred Boon
2WW
Enchantment
When Kindred Boon enters the battlefield choose a creature type.

1W: Put a divinity counter on target creature you control with the chosen type.

All creatures you control with a divinity counter become indestructible.

An interesting and fun commander one could build around............
Mathas, Fiend Seeker
RWB
Legendary Creature - Vampire
Menace

At the beginning of your end step, put a bounty counter on target creature an opponent controls. For as long as that creature has a bounty counter on it, it has "When this creature dies, each opponent draws a card and gains 2 life."

Plus an interesting board wipe.......
Kindred Dominance
5BB
Sorcery
Choose a creature type. Destroy all creatures that are not the chosen type.

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »
For my decks and ones I'm planning on building I'm only really interested in...

Portal Mage- interesting possibilities in a multiplayer format.

Kindred Discovery- who doesn't like to draw cards?

Path of Ancestry- scrying for doing something you were going to do anyway, not great since it CITP but still playable.

Traverse the Outlands- mono G big stuff has a way to get even bigger now.

Alms Collector- Nice effect but the 4cmc spot is tough competition in the decks it could slot in.

Disrupt Decorum- another neat effect, maybe in the chaos deck I'm working on.

The curse cycle each look interesting.

Possibly as commanders...

Mirri, Mathas, &  possibly Edgar
This space for rent.

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:15:11 pm »
I have always been a fan of vampires, so glad there is now a good commander for them! Will definitely try to get the vampire set! Not sure why it doesn't have stensia masquerade though, that will be a definite addition!