deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Sultai Cyc-Lirium  (Read 267 times)

VayChow

• Decks
[Standard] Sultai Cyc-Lirium
« on: July 31, 2017, 12:39:22 pm »
Sultai Cyc-Lirium

This is the best deck I've brew up till now. A combination of both Cycling and Delirium while not having weakness of any side. Cycling Delirium sort of cancelling each other weakness out while giving double boost on the synergy they brings to the deck, that is dumping cards into graveyard and gain massive advantage from it.

Check this deck out to know why I have consider this may be the best deck in Hour of Devastation.

Problems with Delirium only deck
1) Have to play certain amount of Instants/Sorcery/Artifacts/Enchantment, which very much often ended up with dead cards towards certain matchup. Example, having a fatal push but not able to cast it on a control matchup which can definitly slow down getting delirium online.
- This problem is solved by having synergistic cards to fuel delirium at the same time having cycling on it. E.g. Dissenter Deliverence, Hollow one, Champion of Wit.

Problems with Cycling only deck.
1) To make Cycling deck works, need to play like over 20 cards with cycling. This condition makes cycling deck generally weaker on power level as cycling cards tend to have lower power individually. Generally, the power level of cycling deck is rather low until you can get the key payout cards on board. e.g Abandoned Sarcophagus, God-Pharaoh's Gift (GPG).
- This problem is solved by having delirium online. E.g. Delirium power cards, Ishkanah, Grim Flayer.

The power of Cyc-Lirium.
1) Very stable deck. Tested out 5 games with Temur energy deck, not even 1 time mulligan.
2) Ability to later reanimate any creature over and over that died or dumped into graveyard. GPG, Liliana and with Scarab God.
3) Easy to stabilize. This deck normally stabilize on turn 5 with Ishkanah or Turn 4 sweeper with Yahenni's Expertise.
4) High Power towards mid-end game.
5) 5 Boss card: Ishkanah x 2, Scarab God x 1, GPG x 1, Archfiend of Ifnir x 1.
6) A lot of graveyard cards. Don't need to worry Blue-Red players drawing too many cards. Sometimes, I felt like renaming this deck to Sultai Graveyard.
7) Always top-deck with Grim Flayer, Cycling, Traverse, Champion of Wits, and Gates.
8 ) Wide Range of Side Board cards. I like Nimble Obstructionist a lot here because it counter almost all graveyard hate cards with its cycling ability.

Cons:
1) Graveyard hate cards.
2) Unable to lifelink, which can be a problem in current meta with Ramunap-Red everywhere.

P/S: The core key card of this Cyc-Lirium Deck revolves around Champion's of Wit. It fixes your hand, discard cards into graveyard for delirium and GPG, later provide card drawing power with its Eternalize ability. How crazy .

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:37:28 pm by VayChow »

Kaba

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Sultai Cyc-Lirium
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 07:33:28 pm »
Grasp of darkness seems really important in this meta to handle Glorybringer and Hazoret.

VayChow

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Sultai Cyc-Lirium
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:52:43 pm »
Absolutely agree on the grasp, but the 2 swamp is bothering me in a tri-color deck. But definitely worth to play grasp currently. Will add in 2 piece in the sideboard in next update.

:D