deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oketra's Monument + Oketra the True + Sram's expertise  (Read 411 times)

lysdexicnick

• Decks
Oketra's Monument + Oketra the True + Sram's expertise
« on: August 20, 2017, 05:28:30 pm »
So lets say i have Oketra's Monument + Oketra the True + Sram's expertise.... I have OM on the battlefield ad I cast Sram's... can I cast Oketra for free seeing that white creatures cost 1 less to cast or is the CMC unnafected in my hand from Sram's?

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Oketra's Monument + Oketra the True + Sram's expertise
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:38:44 pm »
CMC is what's in the top right corner, the Monument changes what you have to cast it for, the casting cost, but nothing changes a card's CMC.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:55:41 pm by Soren841 »
Nils is the God I worship

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Oketra's Monument + Oketra the True + Sram's expertise
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:17:55 pm »
Along the same lines, though, and a little bonus to cards like OM: the ability that makes white spells cost 1 less means that if you have a white spell with X in the cost, you get a free extra mana.  so if you cast, say, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, with OM on the board, and you have 5 mana open, you get to TAP x=4, but CAST as x=5, because OM "acts" like an extra 1.   
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >