deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Spellskite  (Read 372 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
Spellskite
« on: August 30, 2017, 03:10:29 am »
Had a few questions.  I have two friends, one who plays modern infect, the other plays modern sluvers with Spellskite.  With Spellskites ability to steal targeted spells and abilities to itself, could it steal Blight Mamba's RegenerateRegenerate doesn't Specify a target, so I would say Spellskite couldn't take it.  And what of Infect itself?  Again, I think it would not.  The Infect player is getting frustrated on account of the Spellskite taking not only his pump spells, but also regeneration for the Blight Mamba.  Does anyone have a full clarification on Spellskite's limitations?

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Spellskite
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 03:28:07 am »
Regenerate does target a creature, it says it right on the card.. "regenerate ____." I'm assuming the target could be changed
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 03:31:00 am »
Not infect though
Nils is the God I worship

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:59 am »
However, Spellskite *can* be used to grab all the infect buff spells. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Goon

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 08:47:49 pm »
Hi.
Spellskite can only re-direct anything that could otherwise legally target it.
The keyword Regenerate doesn't target.
It states;

"Regeneration is a replacement effect which means: "The next time this permanent would be destroyed this turn, it isn't. Instead tap it, remove all damage from it, and remove it from combat."

Hence, since there is no target, spellskite can not affect it in any way.  ;D

P.S, If the Instant card Regenerate was cast, Spellskite can re-direct the target of that to itself.