deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Feature request/update: Card versions and foils  (Read 729 times)

dana.roach

Feature request/update: Card versions and foils
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:36:00 pm »
I'd like to switch off tappedout for multiple reasons, but at least as of now there aren't any alternatives out there that do what I need. Some features there are nice (playtesting, the ability to log changes to a deck) but I can live without them. There are some I can't however:

1. Incomplete card versions: DeckStats has some versions of cards, but not all. Judge foils, FNM promos, pre-release versions, etc are all missing.

2. An inability to denote foils.

Now, do those thing prevent me from adding my decklist in a general sense? No, but they prevent me from adding an accurate decklist, and that's a problem because that means I need to use another piece of software to keep a accurate inventory. If that other piece of software does that then why use this one?

I'll keep an eye on deckstats because I think it has potential, but until decks here can actually show me an accurate portrayal of the cards in my deck I just can't switch.

Nils

• Decks
Re: Feature request/update: Card versions and foils
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »
Thank you for your suggestions, I will try to add these things to the deckbuilder in the near future!

At least in the beginning this would be limited to the deck list though. So on the Details tab you would see the correct set and a "foil" indicator, but the card images shown in the visual spoiler etc. would still be the standard (non-foil, non-promo) versions of the cards. Would that still be good enough, or do you need the images as well?

PS: I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "ability to log changes" but all changes to your deck are logged in the "Revisions" tab, which also allows for easy comparison between arbitrary versions.

dana.roach

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:23:47 pm »
Images are totally optional as long as I can note exact card versions.

Thanks for the reply.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:36:40 am »
I am still working on adding the missing sets, but I have already added one new feature for you: When you put the keyword !Foil into the comment field for a card, a star icon will be displayed in the decklist next to the card. So this now allows you to highlight all the cards that you have as foil!