deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Mono Black Erebos Devotion  (Read 291 times)

Arex11

• Decks
[Modern] Mono Black Erebos Devotion
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:08:50 am »
Mono Black Erebos Devotion

Typical MBC, disrupt and control the opponent early game, then drop the bombs :) I thought I'd use Erebos as a theme, plus I can't afford Phyrexian Obliterators, so Erebos's Titan is the Devotion/Beatstick instead, Erebos for more card draw and Whip of Erebos to bring them back for more beatsticking :D

ladof

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Mono Black Erebos Devotion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:50:15 am »
You could run brain maggot for hand disruption as well. If it eats a removal spell, then that's one less for more important cards.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:17:21 am »
Nice! I like the logic there. I'll see if I can work it in! :) Cheers!

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 07:20:42 am »
The only card Id consider taking out is Gifted Aetherborn since its already at the 2cmc and Vampire Nighthawk is basically the same with flying
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:22:41 am by Arex11 »

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »
I'd probably drop a land (your mana curve is pretty low, so 20 should be fine) a duress (brain maggot targets more things and adds to your devotion for the merchant) and an aetherborn and run 3. That's just me, though.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 04:31:28 pm »
Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe ditching the 3 Duress (this would be thoughtseize if I had them anyway) and putting 3 Gifted Aetherborn in its place. I've run 21 lands in most of my mono black decks I've ever played and it just seems to be a sweet spot when curving to 5cmc. I'll keep it at 21 for now, but I'm always open to ideas and testing 20 lands

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 03:27:30 am »
Extended my budget and took Lashwrithe out and replaced it with Kalitas, Traitor of Geht. Not a huge change, but he'll bring more strength to the deck being able to sac any of my creatures or the zombie token to make him bigger or just to push more damage through with added devotion as well. :) He's an awesome card.