deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Shadow of the Grave  (Letto 438 volte)

Neopalm

• Decks
Shadow of the Grave
« il: Settembre 12, 2017, 03:30:37 am »
Ive been working in a discard deck but I can't figure out if this combo works the way I hope it does.  Lets say I have a hand with fateful showdown and shadow of the grave.  If I play the instant fateful showdown that discards my entire hand, can I still play shadow of the grave to reclaim the cards that I discard?  Same question for collective defiance since it is sorcery speed.

The Wording of Shadow of the grave seems to say if I play it before I discard, then I will not receive the cards from the graveyard.  Is this correct?

Thanks for the help!

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: Shadow of the Grave
« Risposta #1 il: Settembre 12, 2017, 03:53:33 am »
Ive been working in a discard deck but I can't figure out if this combo works the way I hope it does.  Lets say I have a hand with fateful showdown and shadow of the grave.  If I play the instant fateful showdown that discards my entire hand, can I still play shadow of the grave to reclaim the cards that I discard?  Same question for collective defiance since it is sorcery speed.

The Wording of Shadow of the grave seems to say if I play it before I discard, then I will not receive the cards from the graveyard.  Is this correct?

Thanks for the help!

You're right, the wording is ambiguous. Considering that it says 'this' turn, it implies until the end of turn all cards discarded return to your hand? (Remember though, during your endstep you must discard your excess cards over 7)

Fateful Showdown should be played last, as instants go on the stack.
Example: You play Fateful Showdown first then Shadow of the Grave, Shadow takes priority. Reversed Fateful Showdown would get priority.

Then again paying 4 mana and then 2 = 6 mana seems a little steep. Assuming you have 5 minus 2 cards that gives you 10 cards. How many can you play before you have to discard 3 of them? You will only get at most 2 extra cards and deal 5 damage to a player for 6 mana. Cost benefit should be considered!

Although I could be wrong haha (Ladof!) Clarification, please!

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Settembre 12, 2017, 12:53:34 pm »
You cannot play both. If you'd cast them as Mnemosyne said, then yes shadow of the grave would resolve first and fateful showdown second, but at the time shadow of the grave resolves, you haven't discarded any cards
Nils is the God I worship

Ronasaki

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Settembre 13, 2017, 10:15:23 am »
I'm sure your message is very good. Get a lot of benefits.