deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Pirate  (Read 501 times)

catman123456

• Decks
[Standard] Pirate
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:27:12 am »
Pirate

Just A pirate deck I'm working on. Once rotation hits will fine tune it.

macho0099

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Pirate
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:58:02 am »
i think it can be a good idea for playing with friends. but in my hopinion it isn't as aggressive as it should be, it's slow without tutors and he needs a combo to close the match

macho0099

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:59:42 am »
and the mana base need a strong revision because you need more red mana

TheSirThursday

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 04:50:25 pm »
I would agree with it being too slow, and there are a few cards in there that are questionable. It might be better to cut a few of the 1-of cards in the deck to make room for more of the really strong cards like having deadeye tracker mainboard. This allows you to contest the early game against aggro as well as put some value and damage on the board. This 1-drop also makes it easier to trigger raid as well as get your pirate synergies going. Landing three pirates in a row leading into Becket Brass is an insane tempo swing, and you should be trying to do that relatively consistently. On the other side, it seems that you would like to go with more of a mid-game aspect, which I like a lot. And while this is super strong, in order to beat control, you need what I explained earlier. So having a good curve for pirates all the way up to the 5-drop with Vanquisher's Banner is a really important thing to have. The removal I would say is relatively strong, the lookout's dispersal is insane in this deck, basically a better mana leak in most situations. This card can blow the game wide open if you have a strong opener and can save you from your opponent dropping a win-con. I would run three. March of the drownyard is a really good value card, but totally unnecessary unless you are playing against control, in which case it should be in the sideboard, so I would switch this with the deadeye tracker. In my personal opinion, rigging runner is not a good 1-drop due to the fact that you need another one-drop to activate it a lot of the time, meaning that it will hit the board as a 1/1 with first strike for 1, not a good value piece. Those are some starter ideas, it seems that the deck is just a conglomerate of cards that are pirate related that seemed cool. Good luck

catman123456

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 02:16:15 am »
Yeah. I do really like dead eye and I will take you suggestions into concentration.

catman123456

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:56 am »
tuned it up a bit

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Marauding Looter
-2 Rigging Runner
-1 (SB) Dowsing Dagger
-1 (SB) Pillar of Origins
-1 (SB) Spell Pierce