deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Overkill Control  (Read 1824 times)

ninetoe

• Decks
Overkill Control
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:37 am »
This deck wins games.  Help me think of ways to make this deck sick-nastypants against its only real threat: burn decks.

http://deckstats.net/decks/1334/6242--blink-superfriends-overkill-c

My thanks to the community! :D

ninetoe

• Decks
Re: Overkill Control
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:00:29 am »
I still haven't designed my sideboard yet.  Please help me with sideboard suggestions.  I'm a casual player who has dabbled in Standard and I've only played one Modern Tournament.  I don't know the Modern meta-game very well.  I'd sure appreciate any input.

Crow, Rogue king

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:06:53 am »
could help to have a Cancel or 2, maybe a couple Negate as well to help against burn. and sadly ponder is illegal in modern so that needs to be removed.

ninetoe

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:42:55 am »
sadly ponder is illegal in modern so that needs to be removed.

hmmm...  Its odd that deckstats.net did not detect that.  I have 4 preordain I can use to replace ponder.  Not as good, but its pretty much the same idea.

Crow, Rogue king

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:11:40 pm »
well deckstats is still in beta and it does let you know that they dont have the banned lists in the system. but yeah, pretty much the same idea.

ninetoe

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »
Witchbane Orb protects me from burn spells.  I've replaced Ponder with Telling Time.

Crow, Rogue king

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 01:04:04 pm »
that's a pretty good trade out if you ask me. Witchbane Orb will keep you from getting burned (or milled in a lot of cases) and telling time actually lets you draw, and set up your next draw.