deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Synergies  (Read 695 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Synergies
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:00:12 am »
If you have a cool synergy that you'd like to see a deck built around, I'd love to hear it guys ;D I may or may not be running out of ideas for decks
Nils is the God I worship

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: Synergies
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:59 am »
I have a few synergies I am proud of.  Cryptolith Rite, High Sentinels of Arashin and Ivorytusk Fortress Cryptolith makes all creature any color mana sources.  High Sentinels to put counters on creatures.  Fortress to untap all creatures every player's turn.  Another is Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, Culling the Weak and Mind Peel.  So here is my synergy challene for you: Waker of the Wilds, the explore merchanic, Wildgrowth Walker and Lurking Chupacabra.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:00:12 pm »

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:09:04 pm »
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Borg

• Decks
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 11:53:00 am by Borg »

Borg

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 11:51:33 am »
I usually try to keep all the fun of building a deck to myself ;) but I guess it wouldn't hurt to hear someone else's take on a card.

Not really a synergy here, just one card, but I would be interested to hear what you would put around Sanctum Prelate.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 12:05:16 pm »
It's like a slightly different chalice of the Void 🤔

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:26 pm »
Maybe SB for control matchup. 2 would be the magic number

grollm

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 04:21:56 pm »
This is a synergistic deck I am pretty proud of. I came up with it myself. Basically the idea of the deck is for everything to be 2-1s. Adding the Karakas makes the mana sometimes a little strange, but being able to recur Vendilion Clique and Venser, Shaper Savant is huge. Also being able to save a Jace, Vyrn's Prodigy or Kess is huge. Secondarily it sometimes just auto-wins you games against reanimator and Lands.

https://deckstats.net/decks/92574/828903-grixis-control-?saved=1&lng=en
"It's actually quite simple, but since you've only recently begun to walk upright, it may take some time to explain."

Borg

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »
Adding the Karakas makes the mana sometimes a little strange, but being able to recur Vendilion Clique and Venser, Shaper Savant is huge. Also being able to save a Jace, Vyrn's Prodigy or Kess is huge. Secondarily it sometimes just auto-wins you games against reanimator and Lands.
Great tactics. I'll keep that in mind.
No instant speed here but I've found Trusted Advisor to work admirably too when bouncing blue creatures is your goal. ( Coiling Oracle, Mystic Snake, Venser etc )

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 05:35:57 am »

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 05:34:11 am »
I've got one synergy that I'm exceptionally proud of: Warped Devotion and Temporal Adept or Linessa, Zephyr Mage.
Recoil ? Snapcaster Mage ?

Recoil isn’t modern legal. Snapcaster is something I thought about, but it was too xpenaive when I made the deck. I only had money for one expensive card, and cryptic command played better than the mage. I should try it again and see.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >