deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] B/W vampires ixalan  (Read 223 times)

Ash210989

• bop it!
  • Decks
[Standard] B/W vampires ixalan
« on: September 20, 2017, 07:37:20 pm »

Niko Haight

• Decks
Re: [Standard] B/W vampires ixalan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:47:22 am »
I'm really interested in B/W Vampires as a general archetype for post-rotation. I don't think it's going to be tier 1 until Rivals of Ixalan, but I think it looks like a very fun deck. Your creature package looks really good here, I hadn't thought of including Crested Sunmare. It's a nice payoff for all this lifegain, and I like that you have Vona, Butcher of Magan as a way to make even more use of all this extra life we will have. Sanctum Seeker doesn't seem to great to me, but at the same time I can see how it might be. I'm definitely going to play with this deck later tonight and I'll let you know how it performs for me.

Personally I think the only area your deck could use some cleaning up is the noncreature spells. There's a lot of natural lifegain already through our aggro plan here, I don't think Ritual of Rejuvenation is going to be at all relevant. I understand the appeal may be more the fact that we draw a card, but if you're looking to draw card's I think even something like Arguel's Blood Fast might be better, as it's another way to capitalize on all of our life gain as well as provide a consistent draw engine. I'm a little unsure about Oketra's monument as well, though having two or more in play at once could yield some very sweet results, so I do understand its place in this deck. I think bringing your Walk the Plank up to 4-of would really help this deck out, as Bloodcrazed Paladin and Yahenni, Undying Partisan both make us want to be killing creatures very much. If only that card was and Instant, it'd be so damn good. I also think Call to the Feast seems pretty good in this deck, as it looks like we're heavily rewarded for going wide and gaining lots of life.

Overall the deck seems pretty sweet and I think it's much better than my own prototype B/W Vampires build. Definitely gonna check this out later when I have some time to play. Have you been able to test it at all?

Ash210989

• bop it!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:16:53 pm »

Ash210989

• bop it!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 09:19:07 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for the interest in my deck, I have looked into the things you pointed out and made some changes, hopefully for the best.

I have not had the chance to test it out sorry.

I don't feel that this is complete, needs one or two tweaks, but it looks like it could do well. If you get a chance to test out please let me hear your feedback.

Ash210989

• bop it!
  • Decks

Ash210989

• bop it!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:05:28 pm »