deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 650 times)

RJAtor

• Decks
Zombies
« on: September 28, 2017, 05:25:18 pm »
Wondering how many players believe that Zombies are dead in the new Ixalan set? Yes, they may not be tier 1 deck but I believe there is still hope for the Undead. Arcane Adaptation may hold the Zombie together for awhile for a good U/B aggro and we still can't rule out W/B aggro. Hopefully, I'm not the only one that has not abandoned Zombies for the Ixalan Block. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions how you would keep these creatures alive in the new set.  ;D

Ominus12

• Decks
Re: Zombies
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:42:37 pm »
zombies i would build as a pure midrange deck going forward stuff like ammit eternal and plague belcher look promising while the lord shell of lord of the accursed and liliana's mastery are still good cards i might do something that looks like this.
4 fatal push
4 lord of the accursed
3 liliana's mastery
2 The scarab god
4 ammit eternal
4 metallic mimic
3 never//return
1 essence extraction
and 24 lands

this is 49 cards and i think that the other 11 cards will be filling out the curve and figuring stuff out i'm writing this list with out actually digging into the archtype but i think this is a good place to start.

RJAtor

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:45:35 pm »
Awesome. I'm doing U/B Zombie Pirates with Arcane Adaptation. Hostage Taker, The Scarab God, and Fathom Fleet Captain should help.

moi3e3

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:45:58 pm »
Hello gentlemen. As a zombie lover I agree with both of you. I don't think they are already dead but it is obvious that Wizards has other plans for them. I am building a tribal deck with them and I have barely used Ixalan cards. I have one as Ominus12 has suggested but no NEVER/RETURN or AMMIT but Wayward Servants and Unraveling Mummies.

It would be a pleasure to test it with you

RJAtor

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:22:26 pm »
To my excitement. I'm happy to report that my Ixalan Zombie Deck has been doing awesome.
2nd  FNM.  Wavefire Games  Oct. 13th 2017
1st   Standard Showdown.  Cosmic Castle  Oct. 7th 2017
2nd  Standard Showdown.  Wavefire Games  Oct. 14th 2017

With a little trouble with U/R Control and Ramanup. I have adjusted my sideboard. Hope your Zombie Decks are running well.

hairdo2000

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 04:45:19 pm »
Am I the ONLY person who thinks Liliana the last hope is an essential for a zombie tribal?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 06:40:29 pm »
Current Standard doesn't have the cards to make her essential. She is for zombies that go wide. Right now zombies win through being practically impossible to get rid of and strong synergy
Nils is the God I worship

Doyon

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 08:14:33 pm »
Current Standard doesn't have the cards to make her essential. She is for testo max that go wide. Right now zombies win through being practically impossible to get rid of and strong synergy

Great stuff RJAtor. Glad to see zombies are performing well.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:35:37 am by Doyon »