deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: suggestions: list order, columns, revisions, 'maybeboard'  (Read 3978 times)

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
suggestions: list order, columns, revisions, 'maybeboard'
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:35 pm »
    Thank you for the great service, its definetely a neat deck organiser!
    Within the near future I will keep track of some more decks and possible lists.

Although I am fairly new to online deck building, your website provides lots of options for visualisation and list ordering. I like the statistics header as well.
    Nevertheless I would like to share some ideas, maybe others would benefit from these suggestions too.

• Is there a way to save my chosen column order at your server? So that I see the same sequence at my next login, without browser cookie?
    • Could you provide additional options to choose columns or en/disable at user preference? In my example I do not need the two prices but would rather order the list by creature strength. Not sure if your database already contains the necessary data... [implemented] user settings
    • By any chance, maybe I just miss the switch: how can I add cards to a 3rd list, like a so-called maybeboard? Let me explain this idea, for published decklists or collaborations to build a deck a different websites, sharing by email or such another list of possible cards for a specific deck would improve a missed aspect: deck creation. So you can store different ideas at the same "place" (within the decklist), but without adding a section to the maindeck and tampering with statistics. I am not sure if your provided Discuss feature is an appropriate section. [implemented]
    • My preliminary last idea is regarding the Revisions: as I didn't post a final list and after correcting errors I see lots of obsolete versions, which do not necessarily reflect interesting changes. So I would like to delete selected.
    • Another addition to my list:
      after constructing a deck at save deck popup you can choose a tournament format. I think Highlander ist not exactly the same as EDH / Commander, so maybe you can add this option as well? [implemented] - Although this makes even more sense if you could search for specific decks given certain parameters... dreaming on. [implemented]
    • Additional wish: non public decks could be shared by link, as base for discussions to publish a final version.
    • While creating some folders for my decks I would like to see a number in brackets behind its name to show how many deck lists are stored. [implemented]
    Hope you do not mind my excessive list, however you can read this as highest form of commendation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:53:09 pm by Eladamri, Lord of Leaves »

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
Re: suggestions: list order, columns, revisions, 'maybeboard'
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:54:32 pm »
Another addition to my list:
after constructing a deck at save deck popup you can choose a tournament format. I think Highlander ist not exactly the same as EDH / Commander, so maybe you can add this option as well?
Number 6 added  8)

Not sure about the activity on the forum, is anybody interested in my suggested changes at all?
What about you, dear admin?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:00:11 pm by Eladamri, Lord of Leaves »

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »
Next attempt to start a discussion about possible features.
Don't you think new ideas might improve this (already impressive) service even more?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed this thread now.

First of all, thank you very much for your suggestions. I am definitely interested in hearing your feedback! Unfortunately I haven't had the time to make any big changes to the site recently, but this will hopefully change soon. Please feel free to post any further ideas you might have in the meantime and I will try to work through them one by one when I have time again.

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:28 pm »
Thank you for the appreciation!

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 03:51:06 pm »
Just to bother you I came up with another idea, a minor one I guess.

After creating some folders for my decks I would like to see a number in brackets behind its name to show how many deck lists are stored.
Maybe you can consider this one as well.

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 12:13:54 am »
A new section has been added: Commander (or so called Elder Dragen Highlander EDH).
Thank you :)

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:39:59 am »
Oh, yes, I forgot to include that in the announcement. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »
And another item off the list: Your profile now displays all your folders at once, with the number of decks for each. :)

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 02:25:00 am »
Thank you very much for your constant efforts, I saw your note about a search feature!

edit: Available since a few days (announcement)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:46:39 pm by Eladamri, Lord of Leaves »

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 02:28:08 pm »
Have been away for some time, but nevertheless I use your service regularly.
So I have notice some slight changes and improvements - although I am not sure if some more of my personal wishes have been incorporated yet.

However, here is one of greater importance - although not relevant in that many deck lists I guess:
sorting a list by mana it could result in something like (example deck)
Is there a way to circumvent that behaviour? Thank you in advance.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 04:30:05 pm »
The problem with the sorting should now be resolved!

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 09:32:42 am »
Yes indeed, thank you.
So much dedication that you even "work" on christmas for the sake of the magic community.
Enjoy your holidays!

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:05 pm »
Thanks for the additions!  I have to second the Maybeboard idea, I could probably be handled like the sideboard (except it probably doesn't need the cost calculated.)

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 01:10:42 pm »
The Maybeboard has now been added! :)

More details here: http://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,2160.0.html