deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] PONY POWER  (Read 375 times)

EYEKHANIK

• Decks
[Standard] PONY POWER
« on: October 12, 2017, 08:34:27 pm »
PONY POWER

INDESTRUCTIBLE PONY ARMY

apoapostolov

• Producer, Data Lead @ Gameloft Sofia
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] PONY POWER
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 10:27:43 pm »
Won't Ashes of the Abhorrent block Vizier of Many Faces from coming from the graveyard?

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:34:01 am »
Arcane Adaptation naming horses would make all creatures cast after that synergize with Crested Sunmare, gaining indestructible.

With 8 boardwipes (50% of them are conditional on attack but only hits opponent), you maybe overbalanced there; have you already considered either cast out or ixalan's binding?

Just a warning on Mirage Mirror: it is essentially a 5 drop due to its activation cost. Be prepared to hold up 2 mana for the rest of the game, and Abrade seems to find its way into any deck running red. That being said it is a superfun card to play!

Thanks for sharing your idea!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

EYEKHANIK

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 03:12:23 pm »
I considered Arcane Adaptation but 4 copies would be required for consistency and I felt that it consumed far too much space (which is why I trimmed the creatures to Crested Sunmare and Vizier of the Many Faces who enter as horses).

Ixalan's Binding is actually a great option that I've been considering for a short while; it will most likely be in the main deck, otherwise it will certainly be in the side.

I understand that about mirage mirror. It isn't ideal, but it makes for an easy 3 drop that could be a decent blocker and wouldn't fall victim to Fumigate (unless a make it a creature, but that would just be an awful misplay).

Thank you for the recommendations!

EYEKHANIK

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:22:17 pm »
Won't Ashes of the Abhorrent block Vizier of Many Faces from coming from the graveyard?

I'm aware, and I was concerned about that for a while, but I think the value of Ashes of the Abhorrent outweighs. Vizier of the Many Faces is only gonna enter after Crested Sunmare and in that instance my creatures would be indestructible so they'll most likely be exiled if anything. Plus, it's there as a countermeasure for the oppositions graveyard effects, which will probably help more than it hurts. Also forces opponents to either block my ponies (gaining me life and additional ponies) or taking 5 damage, both are good for me.