deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Legacy] Esper Faerieblade  (Read 476 times)

Garydasaint

• Decks
[Legacy] Esper Faerieblade
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:36:03 am »
Esper Faerieblade

This is just a fun deck idea that I intend to play like a tempo deck. Feedback would be greatly appreciated :P

grollm

• Decks
Re: [Legacy] Esper Faerieblade
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:15:25 pm »
I really like this. I don't think Daze really fits in this build. I would go the full 4 on the Cabal Therapy, replace the Inquistion of Kozilek with Thoughtseize. I also don't think Snapcaster really fits in this deck. I know, I know it's blue and he's one of the best blue creatures, but hear me out. I've been playing with Snap for years and there are just some decks he just doesn't fit in. I would cut the snaps, I would also find some room for some Cavern of Souls and some Aether Vials. Nothing like a Spellstutter Sprite that cannot be countered and he can be bounced with Riptide Laboratory. Also full 4 on the Stoneforge and find some room for Batterskull. All in all though, I really like this idea.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you've only recently begun to walk upright, it may take some time to explain."

Garydasaint

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:05:18 am »
I appreciate your feedback, but the snapcaster mage synergizes with really well with the Riptide Lab since you're able to return snapcaster back to your hand and flash back another card from the graveyard. He's not just there for the lols, he's amazing for tempo.

However, maybe taking snappy out for stoneforges and a batterskull might be a fairly viable option, so I might give that a go (also I like batterskull being in the deck, sounds absolutely amazing!)

And on the idea of the inclution Aether vial being in the deck, I can see why you'd want to play it in the deck (sounds fun), but I think Aether Vial would only work half the time since there's not really a critical mass of creatures in the deck. I could very well be wrong (and I will playtest), it's more than likely going to just be a dead card half the time.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and will definitely take your comment in consideration!

Garydasaint

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:06:43 am »
Cavern of Souls, I must include that card. Made a mistake not including it.

PacksOfIceAgeAtEB

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 01:09:20 am »
+1 for the batterskull, due to the life-loss of bitterblossom and the fetches.  If you can fit 2 additional stoneforge, that'd be boss.  This is a sweet deck!

Borg

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:02:53 am »
I appreciate your feedback, but the snapcaster mage synergizes with really well with the Riptide Lab since you're able to return snapcaster back to your hand and flash back another card from the graveyard. He's not just there for the lols, he's amazing for tempo.
If you're counting on that synergy I'd suggest you put in at least a second land.
With only one copy, you'll likely not see that land in more than half of your games.

grollm

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:57:55 pm »
The synergy with Riptide and Snap is definitely there, but the issue is you don't have many spells you would want to be flashing back instant speed. Your deck has more of a sorcery feel to it than instant speed. I just think cutting Snap will make room for some more impactful cards that fit better in the archetype you're trying to run. Really sweet idea though. Check on some of my decks and let me know your thoughts.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you've only recently begun to walk upright, it may take some time to explain."

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 01:27:34 am »
I would play only 2 Bitterblossom, maybe 3.
I would instead push Stoneforge Mystic to 4. Also, the toolbox for it is normally one Sword of X and Y (the one you like most), Umezawa's Jitte and Batterskull.
With Snapcaster Mage you normally take out Daze and use some Spell Pierce/Spell Snare mix instead.