deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Modern U/B control recomendation  (Read 236 times)

DFTDS

• Decks
Modern U/B control recomendation
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:55:23 am »
I'm new to the modern scene and have been wanting to play U/B control and don't really know where to start so if anyone could recommend some deck list or some specific cards that stand out in modern control.
Thank you In advance

grollm

• Decks
Re: Modern U/B control recomendation
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:35 pm »
What's up man? I've been playing UWx for a very long time. I played Esper for a long time (I even have a huge Esper tattoo on my leg lol). The problem with pure reactive control is modern is it's very hard to win. Especially since there are lists (Bant Spirits) that run 8 copies of cards that basically say, "Counter Supreme Verdict." What kind of control are you trying to play? I'm currently playing Saheeli Combo in Modern. It's basically an America Control shell, but with the Saheeli/Felidar Guardian combo. So it's a control deck that gets massive card advantage and then can just win on the spot. Let me know if you're trying to play tap out control, draw-go control, or if you want kind of a tempo control deck. I've played them all and I can definitely tell you what I've done that works.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you've only recently begun to walk upright, it may take some time to explain."