deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Vampire Rush  (Read 270 times)

catman123456

• Decks
[Standard] Vampire Rush
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:41:54 pm »
Vampire Rush

I Feel this is a fairly aggro deck with some removal.

yardsalejesus

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Vampire Rush
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:06:52 pm »
2 Vicious Conquistador

This should be a 4 of.

Nephi66

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:29:48 pm »
Hi, nice deck.
I think it could get some improvements so. First, I agree with yardsalejesus : better run 4 Vicious Conquistador than 4 duskborne skymarcher for instance. You do not need much 1-drop in this deck, because you have the token for that. So except for Vicious Conquistador for the ability or sacred cat that is a very good with anointed procression, I think you don't need more than that.
Then I believe you should run at least 3 anointed processions. There are several reasons for that (see below).

- I think Bishop's soldier is not a nice 2 drop for your deck. Two reasons for that. You already have the insanely better Gifted aetherborn and you generate a lot of vampire token with lifelink. You better put more vicious conquistador or  Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle or another vampire/creature  with a better ability: Bloodcrazed Paladin, Skymarch bloodletter, metallic mimic.
- Call to the feast looks nice at first sight but as a 4 mana drop, it makes sense only if Anointed procession is on the board which will not be consistent with only one of them in your deck. When it comes to token generation, Legion's landing + anointed procession is a better bet as you will be able to generate 1, 2 or 3 tokens each turn (depending of the number of anointed procession on the board) for 3 mana in the middle/late game. And you can do it anytime you could cast an instant. When it comes to Queen's commission, I believe the conclusion is the same. I do not say they are bad cards but I believe that in your deck when it comes to the mana cost of those cards, I think you will rather choose to cast another card :
     * 4  mana : you want to first cast anointed procession for the extra token then Sanctum seeker(for the extra damage/life ) or one of your 5 drop if you have the 5th land the next turn.
     * 3  mana : you better cast Mavrein that will give you a creature + a token (or 2 with anointed procession) etc...
The only case where Call to the feast and queen's commission might be a better option is when the board has been cleaned by fumigate / hour of devastation or some effects of that sort.

Other cards to consider :
- Hidden stockpile does not create vampire token, but it costs only 2 mana and will replace some of the permanent(token are permanent) you lose and it will combo with anointed procession later in the game. No vampire but you can still use them to block or sacrifice them to Yahenni or Bontu  or use them to scry.
- Bishop of the bloodstained
- Arguel's Blood Fast : gives you a draw option and if the situation deos not go well for you bad, it can gives the extra mana you need to fumigate the board, run a 4+ drop or an alternative way to gain life. 
- Ruthless Knave : Another option to draw cards and there is a synergy with anointed procession
- Bontu the glorified: another nice option to use your extra mana to scry and deals some damage/lifegain. And you have plenty of tokens to sacrifice to make it works. All that to get a 4/6 menace, indestructible creature for a 3 mana, really ? it's the hardest god to kill as it even resists to hour of devastation and exile it will still cost at least 3 mana to your opponent so it's even a trade of mana. At least you should have it in your sideboard.
- Anointer priest : always good with token
- Need a way to make your token better? Some metallic mimic or Inspiring roar could be great and this is another reason why Bishop's soldier should not be in this deck. Metallic mimic will be better in every ways . If you still want to play Queen's commission and Call to the feast , you should play those cards and anointed priest because then the synergies will be great with lot of life gain and your vampire lifelink tokens will become 2/2 to 5/5 token.

Hope it helps

catman123456

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 06:16:51 am »

catman123456

• Decks