deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Sultai Energy Early Fatality  (Read 174 times)

VayChow

• Decks
[Standard] Sultai Energy Early Fatality
« on: October 22, 2017, 04:56:39 am »
Sultai Energy Early Fatality

Deck Core Strategy: Turn 3 / Turn 4 fatal play.

This deck focuses to hit Turn 3 / Turn 4 fatal play with following sequences:
a) T1 - Attune, T2 - Winding Constrictor/Skyship Plunderer, T3-Rishkar/Walking Ballista/Nissa, or another Winding Constrictor/Skyship Plunderer, T4 - Bristling Hydra

This sequence of Bristling Hydra is basically a T4 Carnage Tyrant (without tremple).

Other cards in the shell are replacing them self by card draw or just gas late game. Even without the above sequencing play, the match will surely close up on approximate turn 8.

VayChow

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Sultai Energy Early Fatality
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 03:00:00 pm »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Nissa, Steward of Elements
+1 (SB) Gonti, Lord of Luxury

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Aethersphere Harvester
+1 Arguel's Blood Fast
+1 (Main) -1 (SB) Rhonas the Indomitable
+1 (SB) Deathgorge Scavenger
-1 (SB) Destined // Lead
-1 (SB) Negate

Just finished a showdown at my LGS and won me 2 showdown pack with version 1 of this deck. And I got some sweets reward from these packs. I felt that is a must for me to share this with all the Sultai Energy fans outhere. Read on if you interested..

Match 1 Vs Ramunap Red: Won 2-0
Match 2 Vs Temur Energy: Won 2-1
Match 3 Vs Blue-Black Control: Won 2-1

Some honorable worth mentioned changes to the MB are explained below.
a) Arguel's Blood Fast: In match Vs Temur Energy, I brought in this card replacing Nissa, Steward of Elements. Nissa didn't do mush although I did manage to get it to 7 Royalty counter only to get sniped by Vraska's Contempt. In the 3rd game, Arguel's Blood fast drew me a lot of cards (about 4-5) before it finally transform into the Temple. After, it protected the Scarab god by responding to Vraska's Contempt. Saving the Scarab God from being exiled and gain 5 life! Early game, Argul's draw card faster than Search of Azcanta and late game protect creature from being exiled by Vraska's Contempt. Also, it work quite well with with Scarab God ability. Definitely 2 pieces recommended against control match up.
b) Rhonas: Synergy with Gifted Aetherborn Lifelink. Can trample through tokens (Temur Energy). Activated by Bristling Hydra and +1/+1 counter play winding constrictor & Skyship plunderer. However, this is very likely to be SB off in Ramunap Red Matchup with AetherSphere Harvester.
c) Nissa, Steward of Elements:- Not her time to shine yet this block. We will see her again until next block comes.

Hope these help with all the Sultai Energy lovers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:22:58 pm by VayChow »