deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Behold blessed perfection  (Read 441 times)

KROVOS

• Decks
[Modern] Behold blessed perfection
« on: October 23, 2017, 01:39:09 am »
Behold blessed perfection

Mono black midrange control

There are some changes I'm considering, in particular I have been looking at changing the Geth's to Devour Flesh. I'm also wanting to put more Leylines in, I could shave a Damnation, but not sure where to make the 4th spot. A second Lifebane would be nice as well if I decide to cut the Temporal Extortion.... but I really like it in there.

I am always open to constructive feedback if anyone has any, hope you all enjoy my first deck post.

burn your face

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Behold blessed perfection
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:38:54 am »
Why no bob.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:24 am »
Why no bob

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 04:45:53 am »
Sorry i did not think that my first post went through, so i posted it again.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:18:07 am »
There seems to be quite a few cards that are in there for value, but don't really fit. Bloodghast can work with fetch lands and as discard to Liliana but it doesn't really do anything for you. Fatal Push really isn't great outside of standard imo. Beth's Verdict and Lifebane Zombie should probably both be dropped for 2 more Temporal Extortioms, and I would have some life gain to counteract Phyrexian Arena.
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 05:20:19 am »
And Leyline of the Void really isn't great outside of Vintage dredge hate unless there's a ton of graveyard loving decks in your meta.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 05:43:36 am »
I copied your deck, and with both Gray and Obliterator I felt like you tried to put some devotion into it, and so I went all out because it felt like you were trying too hard to stay in the middle and incorporate too many things without actually choosing one

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 05:44:41 am »

KROVOS

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:14 am »
Sorry i did not think that my first post went through, so i posted it again.
It's ok. I considered bob, but considering my curve, I would eat way too much damage from him. I also considered Glint-Sleeve, but felt the Arena served the function best and limited my loss of life. {Considered Sign in Blood as well, but it doesn't fit that well.}
Disciple of Bolas was in for a bit, but it just didn't work very well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:29:07 am by KROVOS »

ddevil_7

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:47:52 am »
Phyrexian Metamorph seems wasted as you don't have many high cost creatures/artifacts to copy. Consider adding Torment of Scarabs for a ticking hailfire.

KROVOS

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 06:54:02 am »
There seems to be quite a few cards that are in there for value, but don't really fit. Bloodghast can work with fetch lands and as discard to Liliana but it doesn't really do anything for you. Fatal Push really isn't great outside of standard imo. Beth's Verdict and Lifebane Zombie should probably both be dropped for 2 more Temporal Extortioms, and I would have some life gain to counteract Phyrexian Arena.
Bloodghast also gives me a source of early turn pressure. I really like Gatekeeper and have considered it before. I might give it a try, I could see moving it into the Push slot or the Geth's, but Fatal Push is amazing in Modern and even better  in Legacy!{Not great in edh lol} Lifebane was originally in the side, but has been so useful that I put him in the main. I wouldn't mind trying a second Temporal Extortion, it has overperformed. {I have to hunt it down though}
One of the main reasons I settled on the Arenas is that the loss of life is negligible. It has always provided far more value than detriment.
Also, the ability to lock out grave strategies in modern right now in a one-sided way is good in modern right now in general, in my particular meta it is especially valuable. [another copy of Nykthos will be nice as well.]
The Cryptghast is just too slow for it's mana cost.  The Marshmist Titan was a nice addition.... Thanks for the feedback.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 07:07:17 am »
I would trade bloodghast for nighthawk because of lifeline, and deathtouch can provide card advantage in many ways. Lifebane Zombie just doesn't really cut it in my book between Inquisition and Thoughtseize, not for 3 mana. I'm not entirely sure on what you should use to hate the graveyard, but I feel like there are better options than Leyline, because turn 0 graveyard hate is not something needed in most formats like it is in Vintage.

KROVOS

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 07:11:49 am »
Phyrexian Metamorph seems wasted as you don't have many high cost creatures/artifacts to copy. Consider adding Torment of Scarabs for a ticking hailfire.
Metamorph is a versatile addition as  two extra copies of any creature in the deck, they may not be high cost, but almost all of them are high-value targets to get another copy of on the battlefield. Torment of Scarabs is a pretty sweet card in limited and maybe standard/edh. But, it is too expensive for Modern.

KROVOS

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 07:28:16 am »
You can't forget the evasive body that goes with the ability on Lifebane, he makes a solid addition that is usually relevant during any part of the game. I think Gifted AEtherborn is better than nighthawk right now, unless you're playing Vampires and then you want both.
Turn 0 gravehate deals with:[Delve], Death's Shadow, Storm, Eggs, Knightfall, [flashback], Dredge, D&T and a number of others in both Modern and Legacy. It is also very one-sided, which doesn't hurt any of my own limited recursion. It is the fastest something can drop, so it beats out Grafdigger's Cage[which is also good, since it shuts down Co/Co]. But we deal with those decks pretty well already.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 07:37:52 am »
Gifted could work better, it is a 2 drop so It can replace bloodghast.. the problem with Leyline is it pretty much has to be a 4 of. It's either 3 wasted card slots or a wasted turn casting it. The only format where you basically need at least 3 in the sideboard at all times is Vintage. Vintage dredge is extremely powerful and the reason all competitive Vintage decks have around 8 graveyard hate SB cards.. also metamorph can copy ANY creature (death's shadow.. life loss from arenas helps if u copy it) l. That's why I put gonti in the SB, he copies their spells plus has a deathtouch body.