deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rivals of Ixalan (Spoilers)  (Read 3328 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Rivals of Ixalan (Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2018, 09:58:02 pm »
Modern Blood Control anyone? Gain value off bounce lands not bouncing
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2018, 10:07:35 pm »
 Or play the lands that make you pay life to have them enter untapped....only there'll be no life loss.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 06:20:49 am »
I'm curious what people are looking to combo Explore keyword with?

Winding Constrictor, Path To Discovery, and Panharmonicon look fun to try and abuse. Unblockable looks like it would fit in pretty nice as well.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 02:32:42 pm »
Reading the cards tells me that's correct.. But logic says it's not because I doubt that Wizards meant it to do that. Maybe they just didn't think of it and were focusing mostly on standard, the flip lands and deserts

I agree that wizards probably was thinking of standard but only way to see is when the ruling actually comes out for blood sun. Playing blood sun means there are so many lands you could abuse like your bounce lands or lands that come in tapped.

However I am looking forward to this set more then the Ixaxlan set. More flavor in this set, Ixaxlan just didn't do much for me.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 04:50:59 pm »
Looking forward to a lot of this set. Azor has me retooling a few of my commander decks. He's going to become my new Azorius commander replacing Daxos of Meletis, which is going to change the direction of that deck slightly. That's going to move some of the Voltron type artifacts over to Tajic which will upgrade him some. Also some of the blue spells that don't fit the direction I want for Azor will move over to Talrand to give it a little more bite.

Daxos losing command of the Azorius deck is kind of sentimental for me, he was my first commander.  :'(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:57:25 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:10 pm »
A couple of nights ago I created a Sultai Explore deck focusing on lurking chupacabra and wildgrowth walker. IT plays well since I have a couple copies of grim captain's call to work with the various other creature types in the deck. I'll post it later when I get the chance. I'm excited about the new chupacabra and Golgari elemental that's coming out in rivals of ixalan. I can already see my opponents cowering in fear as their dinosaurs are forced to wither away instead of taking damage. IT'll be beautiful demise.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2018, 06:21:09 pm »
Continuing to sort through and play test proxies of cards in this set for my EDH decks, at this point I've pruned the list from the initial 24 I think it was, down to 18. The number will likely go down a little lower, probably will end up somewhere between 12 and 16.

This space for rent.