deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rivals of Ixalan (Spoilers)  (Read 3339 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Rivals of Ixalan (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 01:38:53 am »
lol this is supposed to be the dumbed down version of veraska...

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/vraska-scheming-gorgon/

Final Ability is just insane

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:18 am »
Especially on a River Sneak or Storm Sculptor.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 11:58:26 pm »
lol this is supposed to be the dumbed down version of veraska...

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/vraska-scheming-gorgon/

Final Ability is just insane

It's kind of expensive though, no? It's a little bit win more. Turn 6 for a 5 loyalty planeswalker? That has 4 turns until she ultimates?
Probably good in EDH, not that I play that format.

ANYWAY...

Got some spoilers!

Two promos, the equipment is a (buy a box) and the Evolving Wilds is a League promo. Whilst I am really not excited by an Evolving Wilds... Haha. Captain's Hook is pretty fun, shame that is won't be too great in Standard. Though, I would like to see a deck built incorporating it.

Something like (Foundry Inspector + Captain's Hook + Admiral Beckett Brass) for instance.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 01:07:22 am »
Vona's Hunger - 2B

Instant

Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.)

Each opponent sacrifices a creature. If you have the city's blessing, instead each opponent sacrifices half the creatures he or she controls, rounded up

City's Blessing looks like a mechanic similar to 'monarch', but not necessarily something singular that passes from player to player - it can mean different things depending on what spells are cast.

And this is going in every token deck in standard. Sorry no picture yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:12:40 am by CardAgain Sweater »
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 01:27:07 am »
Totally replacing murder in my monarch deck
Nils is the God I worship

billbraskey

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 10:58:59 pm »
The longer you look at The Immortal Sun the more busted it becomes for commander
Emrakul looked good in Stranger Things 2

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 12:01:16 am »
Oh yeah that things totally commander worthy

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2017, 07:03:04 pm »
The non-planeswalker deck Angrath has been released.

It's okay. Seems comparable to Ob Nixilis Reignited. Will it see constructed play? 5 mana for a 4 loyalty planeswalker. It doesn't give you a card, like Ob Nixilis, but it does make your opponent discard a card, and lose life. It's minus 3 is similar to Ob Nixilis' minus 3 but with a twist, it's lot like Threaten with the added bonus of having your opponent sacrifice it if it is 3 mana or less after combat... for instance (Electrostatic Pummeler)

The dinosaur will be played in constructed, most likely in a sideboard, much like Felidar Cub. It is also a 3/4 for 3 which makes it very versatile.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:08:23 pm by Mnemosyne »

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2017, 07:29:05 pm »
The non-planeswalker deck Angrath has been released.

It's okay. Seems comparable to Ob Nixilis Reignited. Will it see constructed play? 5 mana for a 4 loyalty planeswalker. It doesn't give you a card, like Ob Nixilis, but it does make your opponent discard a card, and lose life. It's minus 3 is similar to Ob Nixilis' minus 3 but with a twist, it's lot like Threaten with the added bonus of having your opponent sacrifice it if it is 3 mana or less after combat... for instance (Electrostatic Pummeler)

The dinosaur will be played in constructed, most likely in a sideboard, much like Felidar Cub. It is also a 3/4 for 3 which makes it very versatile.

It will be interesting to see if this Angrath makes it into RB aggro decks - probably to big cmc as those decks top out at 5cmc for more rapid payoff. If it was 4cmc and 4 loyalty...

A dino version of Qasali Pridemage is very welcome to anyone hoping this next set adds some utility dinos that do more than smash big. A few more like this and dino tribal looks a lot better in terms of being somewhat competitive in standard.

Thanks for posting the new cards!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »
It will be interesting to see if this Angrath makes it into RB aggro decks - probably to big cmc as those decks top out at 5cmc for more rapid payoff. If it was 4cmc and 4 loyalty...

A dino version of Qasali Pridemage is very welcome to anyone hoping this next set adds some utility dinos that do more than smash big. A few more like this and dino tribal looks a lot better in terms of being somewhat competitive in standard.

Thanks for posting the new cards!

You're welcome  :)
You're right, the CMC is a little too high in my opinion for it to be included in competitive Rakdos decks, but we'll see.
Definitely, I will be pleased to see more competitive dinosaur decks around, especially retaining a higher creature/spell ratio. The inclusion of Thrashing Brontodon means that you don't have to rely on Appetite for the Untamed, you can keep up the pressure!

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 06:26:27 pm »
Happy New Year to all you MTG fanatics. It's good to be happy, as we have a lot of new spoilers.
I'm going to spoil a few notable ones for you.

I'm not really sure about Kumena. Whilst it is a good card (2/4), especially for Simic Merfolk. It requires you playing a lot of merfolk to get the benefits from it.

A couple of really bad rares... Just, no...

A great transform enchantment...

A true Golgari great, and it is easy to flip! Without Field of Ruin, or any graveyard hate, the five mana return to the battlefield ability is a powerful effect!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 11:04:23 pm »
THOSE ARENT BAD THEYRE SAPROLING SUPPORT MY FAVORITE TRIBE

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 02:00:51 am »
THOSE ARENT BAD THEYRE SAPROLING SUPPORT MY FAVORITE TRIBE

If you say so.  :P

Anyway, another elder dinosaur! So far, this one looks far better than the rest!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 02:07:14 am »
Oof.. I say Ghalta is way better commander material. I feel like this set is geared towards commander. These are all too expensive for other formats and things like The Immortal Sun are just so perfect

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 07:27:08 pm »
Hualti, Radiant Champion, looks broken.  +1 to gain loyalty counters equal to total of creatures you control. -1 to give creature a boost to attack and toughness equal to number of creatures you control.  -8 for emblem to draw whenever a creature you control hits the field!