deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Grand Design (Budget Mono-Blue Architect) - Comments  (Read 294 times)

Comment Bot

The Grand Design (Budget Mono-Blue Architect) - Comments
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:02:22 pm »
The Grand Design (Budget Mono-Blue Architect)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Anotheruser

• Decks
Re: The Grand Design (Budget Mono-Blue Architect) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:02:27 pm »
Went 2-1 against a modern stock Dredge list at FNM. The Myr Superions were a particular out of context problem for him, and the Mausoleum Wanderers and Judge's Familiars did amazing work. Game 2 I sided in 4 Watchers of the Dead (replacing the 2 Bident of Thassa and 2 Filigree Familiars), but then kept a hand of 6 I shouldn't have, and then misplayed by playing sculptor instead of Watcher on turn 2, leaving me helpless against a Narcomoebia, a Bloodghast and 2 Prized Amalgams making it to the battlefield that turn. Game 3, however, I cast Chief Engineer and Myr Superion on turn 2  before using my turn 1 Familar to counter a faithless looting which trapped him on one land. A turn 3 Lodestone Golem sealed the deal.

I need more efficient anti-graveyard tools than Watchers of the Dead, and so have removed them from the sideboard to be replaced by something similar (they're alright - they're going to the SB of my standard kitties deck - but they fo leave 2 cards behind). I've mainboarded my 2 dismembers in place of the 2 Bidents of Thassa (maybe... maybe sideboard material against any decks that go long?). But really the whole sideboard is up for negotiation, although I am really quite happy with the performance of the deck itself!

Revision 10

Added/removed cards:
-2 Bident of Thassa
-4 (SB) Watchers of the Dead

Changed amounts:
+2 (Main) -2 (SB) Dismember

Anotheruser

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:53:57 pm »
Turns out any more efficient options for Graveyard hate I'm aware of are out of my budgetary reach, so I'm keeping the Watchers (which at least fit in the deck well, and can be used at instant speed provided I've had the good sense to already cast them). The Bidents are a provisional slot against any particularly grindy decks where I need card draw, while the Aether Spellbomb is a placeholder (if Platinum Angel is ever an issue, I guess it could get that out of the way...). I don't have any Phyrexian Revokers, but am considering them as a sideboard card too, as I think they may be useful in certain matchups.

Revision 11

Added/removed cards:
-4 (SB) Spell Pierce
+4 (SB) Watchers of the Dead
+2 (SB) Bident of Thassa

Changed amounts:

Anotheruser

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 06:42:50 am »
I had forgotten about Tormod's crypt, and have added them to the sideboard in place of the Watchers for graveyard hate. Also added Phyrexian revokers which are useful against a range of cards (including Planeswalkers).

Revision 15

Added/removed cards:
-4 (SB) Watchers of the Dead
+4 (SB) Phyrexian Revoker
+3 (SB) Tormod's Crypt

Changed amounts:
-1 (SB) Æther Spellbomb

Anotheruser

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 12:36:01 pm »
I wondered if I had too many 6-drops for the deck (as much as playing them is fun), especially since the deck tends to run of fumes if I don't get the right draw early, so I'm mainboarding the Bidents of Thassa again, and taking out one Scuttling Doom Engine and a Steel Hellkite. I now have 2 spare slots in the sideboard, although I really don't know what to prepare for...

Anotheruser

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 01:20:18 pm »
As well as slimming down the 6 drops and re-adding Bident of Thassa, I decided I really did need to up to land quotient by adding an Island and dropping one of the Filigree Familiars.

Still considering potential sideboard options (that are in my budget). Aethersphere Harvester could be useful against the likes of Burn, I guess, and I have a couple of those...

Revision 17

Changed amounts:
-1 Scuttling Doom Engine
-1 Steel Hellkite
-1 Filigree Familiar
+2 Bident of Thassa
+1 Island

SB:
-2 Bident of Thassa

2 Sideboard slots open