deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Grixis The Scarab God Control  (Read 195 times)

Luis_ZaSa

• Decks
[Standard] Grixis The Scarab God Control
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:44:27 pm »
Grixis The Scarab God Control

This deck could be the perfection in the format right now, the idea of the deck started with blue/black control, but the black removal is too slowly for mono-red decks, I need more usable removal, then I think red has better removal, for example, sweltering suns are better than Bontu's last recording or harnessed lightning is better than walk the plank and I use black because for the green creatures can be a problem for red spells, for example with fatal push I can destroy Longtusk Cub but with shock or magma spray is more difficult and with Longtusk Cub we can lose the game.

The sideboard is the real secret of the deck, the black sideboard helps us for temur and sultai decks, Gonti, Lord of Luxury can stop Bristling Hydra and he can steal a powerful card from Temur or Sultai. Noxious Gearhulk is good for recover some life from the mono-red deck or still good against the Sultai or the Temur decks.

4 copies of Duress, Serch of Azcanta and Negate are perfect against Approach of the Second Sun Decks, with Nicol Bolas and counters on the main deck this match it becomes easy for grixis.

2 more copies for sweltering suns and 1 of Hour of Devastation for mono-red or maybe temur deck and his Whirler Virtuoso.

I keep out the idea of put Abrade on the deck because I think the Scarab God is too good against God-Pharaoh's Gift, and fatal push or harnessed lightning are good for mardu vehicles.

I just keep in my mind that I need change something in the sideboard, I think I want to change 1 Hour of devastation and 1 Sweltering Suns for the mayboard cards. I hope someone might help me with the decision.