deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Storm? How Do I Do It  (Read 396 times)

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
Storm? How Do I Do It
« on: December 17, 2017, 03:55:50 am »
Okay so I want to build a casual storm deck because some good pieces are kinda cheap and It seems fun to play so I have a few questions.
What colors do I go? Whats my best Win Con? any suggestions on how to build it for cheap. I feel like mono blue with High Tide and Brain Freeze is probably good. I feel like I should  just play a Bunch of Cantrips and rituals to storm off is that correct? but I don't really know how to build it. Maybe go U/R for red rituals and stuff? also I'm not getting fetch lands or shocks for this so going 3 colors for black rituals is not something I'm looking at. Maybe U/B and have the black rituals. Idk maybe go grixis and play tap lands but that feels like it defeats the purpose of playing storm.
I can't even read

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Storm? How Do I Do It
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:57:59 am »
Grixis storm. U use duals. Not taplands, the original duals. Lots of tutors, rituals, yawgmoth's will, Necropotence, and Tendrils of Agony.
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:58:34 am »
There is no viable cheap storm deck. Sorry

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 05:03:28 am »
I don't Think thats the only way. Its definitely the most powerful of most storm builds but again I think putting together a U/B or U/R is a cool idea. U/R storm has always been a thing in modern and been a solid occasionally tier 1 deck despite wizards not liking it in modern. And I would Build that grixis storm deck with og duels and what not but I don't have that kinda of money. I'm just looking for storm ideas that don't cost an arm and a leg but are okay. It doesn't have to be great I mean I'm playing this deck at school and on the kitchen table. Necro is pretty cheap and so is tendrils but and can afford those but og duals and tons of fetches and shocks is off the board for the most part shocks eh maybe but not the on color fetches. I know for a fact that you don't need those. I just want to build one that works.
I can't even read

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:06:05 am »
You need Dark Petition Dark Ritual etc. It's not cheap. I'll pull up a full list really quick and attempt to budget it

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:25:08 pm »
your going to need to stay in two colors. Some people play modern storm without fetches, and i think you can do something like that.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:45 am »
Storm decks are pretty easy to build, and relatively inexpensive.  The hard part s dealing with the loss of love from your family when they disown you for playing Storm.  XD
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Laocoon7

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 05:47:48 am »
It really depends on what format you want to play. I have been playing edh for a while now. I built Niv Mizzet with the intention of someday owning Jeleva. My friend is over playing against storm as I have built version after version picking up cards along the way..

I'm about 80% of the way to moxnix's deck, and I know there are cards I'll never buy... every dollar spent speeds it up, but every dollar not spent slows you down or gives you a greater chance to brick..

I feel a tier two dedicated storm deck is still looking north of $1000 and bricks every couple of games.. I have pulled some sweet wins off though and I'm still hooked...

Mana
Artifact Mana
Card Draw engine(s)
Wheels
Tutors
Counterspells
a Mana Engine (paradox engine / MoM / Isochron + Dramatic Reversal)
And a finisher (Lab Man if your draw engine is good enough / aetherflux res / Tendrils)

Forget most of the rituals unless you're in black. High Tide only if you're running several of the "do something and untap lands" cards

Most important is Mana base + Artifacts that net on storm turn + chain of vapor or hurkyl's floating Mana bouncing your net+ rocks and replaying them will give you a pretty decent mind's desire/other storm effect.