deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] MonoU Mill  (Read 252 times)

LordCosta

• Decks
[Modern] MonoU Mill
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:42:54 am »
Atenciosamente, Manoel Costa

Sage of The east

• Decks
Re: [Modern] MonoU Mill
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »
wouldn't it be easier to include 4 more islands instead of a land search that brings it in tapped anyway? also 5 mana to make my creature unblockable for a turn seems a bit steep

Sage of The east

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »
sidenote: 4x navigator's ruin if all end up on the board thats 16 cards going from library to the grave

LordCosta

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:09:40 pm »
It's make sense. I will do the changings. Thank you
Atenciosamente, Manoel Costa

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »
Here are a few changes I think would be a good idea. I think you should be playing ghost quarter, it it it turns on archive trap, and if your opponent is scared, it is a stripmine. I also think you should be paying mana leak instead of cancel. I also think you should play some better mill spells, such as, tome scour, and mind sculpt.
I would take out the clue stuff, and the enchantments, these seem slow. If it is in your budget, I would play mesmeric orb, this thing mills so many cards. If you play mesmeric orb, than it might be worth looking into manic scribe, this way, you can get value out of mesmeric orbs habit om milling yourself.
One more card i want to mention is thought scour, this could be worth playing.
Hope this helps.

Razalar

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »
LordCosta, are you trying to build a budget mill deck? If so, that is perfectly fine, it answers a lot of the card selection questions.

I agree with Ghost Quarters being in the mana pool.

As for the Evolving Wilds, Sage of The east is correct in the sense that 4 Islands are better then them. However, fetch lands in a mono colored deck are not a bad idea. You need to use actual fetches though in case you need to crack them on your opponents turn for mana for a counter spell or something else. Using fetches in a mono color deck is a pseudo draw spell. It thins your deck a land card to get to cards that you need. And if you are going straight mill, Hedron Crab can make use of your fetch lands. If you put the Crab in I would instead drop Rogue's Passage to 2 and put in 2 more fetch lands for a total of 6.

I love the clue mechanic, but its is hard to pull off. It is great for getting artifacts out if you need to trigger things with them but just to use it as a draw is slow.

I also love Mesmeric Orb, I have been trying to build a deck solely around that card and graveyard recursion or tapping down as much permanents your opponent has. In this deck it could help but I think the deck would have to be overhauled to include maybe flashback cards.