deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] Black/Blue Graveyard Mill Deck  (Read 298 times)

BlueNebulaDragon

• Decks
[Casual] Black/Blue Graveyard Mill Deck
« on: December 28, 2017, 08:29:05 pm »
Black/Blue Graveyard Mill Deck

This is my first attempt at a black and blue graveyard deck that seeks to utilize putting cards in my graveyard to my advantage. In all honesty I'm not quite sure how well this deck would be in an actual game as I am fairly new to MTG. Any advice on how to improve my deck or what cards I should replace with another would be highly appreciated.

cybersaliva

• Decks
Re: [Casual] Black/Blue Graveyard Mill Deck
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:59:10 am »
Hey man, solid idea. I'm also getting started with MTG but I've played a couple card games like it before and one mistake I think you're making is spreading yourself too thin. You have only one copy of each card in here, meaning your deck is going to play differently every time you play it. You want some level of consistency, some plan of attack to aim for to try and focus your deck down with. Here you have a clear method, which is milling your graveyard. However, you have way too many things going on for it to be a reliable mechanic.

I think you would do well to focus on utilizing Mind Funeral, Gravepurge, and Grimoire of the Dead. Have at least 2-3 copies of these. Liliana will also help you here, so leave her in. Similarly with your creatures, narrow your focus down with multiple Dutiful Attendant s since it will help you keep you board full while you are milling your deck.

Good luck!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 03:09:41 am »
Nils is the God I worship

TeroxCultus

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 12:56:31 pm »
Hm ... so you try to mill yourself and play everything from your graveyard? I've never tryed that because it could take to long till you get your cards back into game and in worst case you have all your "return form graveyard" stuff in your gaveyard.

I've designed my own mill deck ... for your opponents library ^^

Check it out:

ArtMILLery

BlueNebulaDragon

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 04:58:03 pm »
Thank you for the advice guys, I see where I went wrong with this deck and now know how to adjust it so that it can be more consistent.