deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pauper] Edrazi Green / Red  (Read 733 times)

sickshaun

• Decks
[Pauper] Edrazi Green / Red
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:54:59 pm »
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and also in Magic.
I usually play with a deck that I built just for fun with friends.
I would like to build a deck that fit Pauper format using my favourite creatures, the Eldrazi. I know that usually they are used with more expensive formats but I would like to know if it's possibile to do something cheaper that fit this format.
Here I used green with Eldrazi creature that produce tokens for mana, and red for instant and sorceries to deal direct damage to opponents/creatures.
The strategy is to put a lot of tokens on the board and sacrifice some of them when I need the mana to play the "big ones", leaving the others for some block.
For the "big creatures" I used Hand Of Emrakul (sacrifice 4 tokens and play it) and the usual Ulamog Crushes. Since they both don't have Trumple I added 3  Rancor.

Deck: Prova Pauper G/R Ramp with Eldrazi

Did you think that it can work for a Pauper deck?
thanks
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:49:02 pm by sickshaun »

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: [Pauper] Edrazi Green / Red
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:10:18 pm »
Not of this World is an uncommon.  Pauper is supposed to be 100% commons.
Happy Brewing!
:)

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:14:14 pm »
Nest invader, and lightning bolt should be 4 ofs.

sickshaun

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:24:11 pm »
Not of this World is an uncommon.  Pauper is supposed to be 100% commons.
My bad, changed for Blinding Fog
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:37:35 pm by sickshaun »

sickshaun

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:24:59 pm »
Nest invader, and lightning bolt should be 4 ofs.
thanks! do you have some advice on what to remove to fit them?

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:54:00 pm »
It looks like you already put bolt, and invader in.

sickshaun

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 05:16:33 pm »
It looks like you already put bolt, and invader in.
Yes, I also changed Not of this world with Blinding Fog .

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »
Kozilek's Channeler, Kozilek's Pathfinder, Nettle Drone, Vestige of Emrakul, Warden of Geometries. These are all commons and would work well in your deck. Since eldrazi creatures are devoid of color your nettle drone would work wonders in this deck.

sickshaun

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »
Kozilek's Channeler, Kozilek's Pathfinder, Nettle Drone, Vestige of Emrakul, Warden of Geometries. These are all commons and would work well in your deck. Since eldrazi creatures are devoid of color your nettle drone would work wonders in this deck.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion! Since I love Eldrazi it would be great to put some extra of them in it :D
Since I am at the beginning I struggle into choose what to remove to fit them. Can you suggest me what can be changed to improve the deck using this creatures?
Thanks

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 01:51:49 am »
     Well you've already selected your colors. When the color pair R/G come to mind I think aggressive, large creatures and beat down tactics. Since some of your eldrazi have the annihilator mechanic I thought that it may be a good idea to have the eldrazi that actually provide colorless mana for you. This way if you're not attacking with a creature it can provide some sort of assistance whether it be in summoning other creatures or simply serving as a defender. If you added black to this deck there could definitely be a lot more things you can do to this deck, but that can be a discussion for another time...

As for the removal/edit part you can always take out the vine trellis for nettle drone. A 3/1 that can deal damage AND untap itself definitely deserves room in this deck. As for the other eldrazi that are currently in this deck I'd recommend keeping them so that their scions can give you extra mana for the big ones. Anything both in this deck and in your sideboard that is not eldrazi related should be removed. This will free up your sideboard and give you more space. After that it'll just come down to play testing and seeing which iteration of this deck gives you the most aggro for your buck.

sickshaun

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 09:09:39 am »
I use Nettle Drone in my other deck since I have just Eldrazi with "Devoid" and "Devoid" spell, but here I have just Blisterpod with "Devoid" so only casting this I would be able to untap Nettle Drone.
A nice creature would be Kozilek's Channeler , that you have suggested , but his ccm 5 I think is a little too high for the strategy I am using  :-\

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 05:54:18 pm »
But most of your eldrazi creatures will be making tokens so you can sac the tokens for the mana ramp. Also don't forget eyeless watcher, outnumber, touch of the void, unnatural aggression, ancient stirrings, living destiny might be a good addition for this deck since your cards will be of a higher cost anyway. might of the masses since you'll be making token creatures, savage silhouette, and slaughter cry would all be good additions for this deck. They ae fairly reasonable to play and then can help bolster the strength of your deck.