deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Tetzimoc's Hunt  (Read 318 times)

Sol-Bara11

• The Shifting Wastes are alive.
  • Decks
[Standard] Tetzimoc's Hunt
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:09:34 pm »
Tetzimoc's Hunt

When the Primal Death slumbers, he replenishes his energy, and the world is as ease.  When he wakes, the world trembles, as he purges all who stand between him and his prey.  Will you cheat Death, or become his next victim?
(EXPERIMENTAL DECK AND PLEASE ONLY CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Tetzimoc's Hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:20:05 pm »
I see a lot of good cards in this deck but I do have a question for you. Wouldn't your deck run a bit faster and more streamlined if you had more Dinosaur support rather than energy production? Having a creature like ripjaw raptor and playing your Dino spells that give it +1/+1 counters would more than make up for your energy spells. Ranging raptor gives you the lands that you need straight from the deck. Also having verdant rebirth, drover of the mighty, and knight of the stampede would definitely help in your larger dinosaurs' casting costs. What do you think of these suggestions?

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:38:49 pm »
I do see the better synergy using dinosaurs.  Idk exactly what I was thinking adding energy aside from "Since everyone is basically playing energy, why not merge it with dinosaurs and destroy people with that."  I was probably very mad at something energy-related the day I made this deck.  :P I'll try those suggestions, though

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:48:19 pm »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-2 Aether Poisoner
-2 (Main) -2 (SB) Attune with Aether
-3 (Main) -1 (SB) Die Young
-3 (Main) -1 (SB) Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
-2 Golden  Guardian
-3 (Main) -1 (SB) Live Fast
+4 Drover of the Mighty
+2 (Main) +2 (SB) Duress
+3 (Main) +1 (SB) Knight of the Stampede
+2 (Main) +1 (SB) Supernatural Stamina
+4 Verdant Rebirth
-2 (SB) Highspire Infusion
+2 (SB) Golden Guardian

Changed amounts:
+3 Forest
-3 Swamp

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:50:30 am »
I have nothing against energy decks, I only ask that because you don't need multiple mechanics running in a deck that are unnecessary. That's like trying to put wings on a spider, what's the point of climbing up walls if it can fly? Also the mechanics work very differently. IF you focused on giving your creatures +1/+1 counters and enraging them as you see fit then you will have a stronger board state. All you'd have to do is get them big, give them trample, maybe some first strike and you're golden.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:55:33 pm »
True.  Thanks for the suggestions, by the way!!  I wouldn't have seen them at all if I hadn't been told.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 11:50:41 pm »
It's all a matter of perspective, sometimes we just gotta see it from a different viewpoint.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 10:55:42 pm »
Very true

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 06:13:05 am »
Looking at your sideboard I'd recommend removing the golden guardian. If you add costly plunder then you can kill it yourself and get some cards off of it, still triggering it's transformation. But you are only running two colors in this deck. That mana use would be more beneficial towards other cards or even another color if you wanted to. Having a JUND PRIMAL DEATH deck would be interesting. That way you could add the red cards like rile and sure strike (that would be good since tetzimoc primal death has deathtouch). You could also add forerunner of the empire to make it easier to add it to your hand quicker. Since you only need 1 Black mana to use it's effect then it would save you time to get it in your hand faster.

IF you want to keep it B/G would you want to include some more graveyard interactions or maybe more interaction with the other player via card effects? Journey to eternity would be good to have in this deck. Also the deathgorge scavenger would be good since it can mess with the enemy's grave, make itself stronger, AND it'll give you life when you need it. Also, even though you have no pirates march of the drowned will be a good 1 drop that gets back ANY creature. Pounce will help your enrage triggers and with spot removal. Grazing whiptail you may want to add to your sideboard.