deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: MIRROR SHEEN, doubt about copies and stack!  (Read 327 times)

sergiora

• Decks
MIRROR SHEEN, doubt about copies and stack!
« on: January 11, 2018, 05:04:27 pm »
Good evening everyone!
Mirror sheen, an enchantment that reads: 1}{U/R}{U/R}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell that targets you. You may choose new targets for the copy.
My question is: can I make the copy when the magic that targets me resolves or I have to do before it resolves? I do not know if I explain myself .......
Thank you all
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:25:15 pm by sergiora »

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: MIRROR SHEEN, doubt about copies and stack!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 05:16:23 pm »
Hello.

In order to target a SPELL, that spell has to be on the stack.  This means that it has been cast, but it has not resolved yet.  It will go something like this:

1) Your opponent casts an instant or sorcery spell targeting you.  (Spell goes on the stack)
2) In response, you cast Mirror Sheen targeting that spell.  (Mirror Sheen goes on the stack)
3) (Assuming no other spells/abilities on stack) Mirror Sheen resolves.  You will create a copy of the spell that your opponent cast.  The copy will be created on the stack.  You will get to choose a new target for the spell.  You are the controller of the copy.
4) The copy resolves.
5) The original spell resolves.

Hope this helps.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 05:17:43 pm »
Good explanation!
This space for rent.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:23:11 pm »
Hmmm... *evil idea forming in brain*  Mirror Sheen doesn't say you can only copy the spell once, so, if I have the mana open, it seems I could shock myself (or fireball or something similar) then copy it to hit my opponent multiple times... Even meaner if I have something like Curse of Bloodletting on the field...