deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Endless Phage combo (B) - Comments  (Read 542 times)

Comment Bot

Endless Phage combo (B) - Comments
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:43:46 pm »
Endless Phage combo (B)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Endless Phage combo (B) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:43:50 pm »
Oh man that's brutal.  I'm curious if it works the way it appears.  so you have phage and endless whispers.  Phage dies.  You pick a person, they put phage out under their control.  they lose the game, phage goes to your graveyard.  do *you* chose the new target?  Or does the combo end right there?  Because if you can keep choosing targets, that is pretty ridiculous. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:41:13 pm »
This would not work as desired in a multi-player games.   You are player A in a 4-player game.  You have Phage the Untouchable and Endless Whispers on the battlefield.  Endless Whispers is constantly giving all creatures it's stated ability "When this creature dies, choose target opponent. That player puts this card from its owner's graveyard onto the battlefield under his or her control at the beginning of the next end step." {Oracle text}  Since the enchantment is granting new text to the creature, that creature's controller now also controls the ability when it triggers.  You manage to sacrifice your Phage the Untouchable.  When she dies, her Whisper ability triggers ... you control it, you choose player B as target opponent.  Player B has Phage enter the battlefield.  Phage's intrinsic ability triggers and player B loses the game.  Phage is still on the battlefield at that point.  Since this was not a control-changing effect, but rather an "entering the battlefield under an opponent's control"-type effect, Phage will be exiled as a state-based effect.  In order to kill off players C & D, your will need a brand new Phage the Untouchable out of your library, because the first one has been exiled forever.
Happy Brewing!
:)

PIetro94

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:38:51 am »
when phage you make him die with whispers, choose a player (A) that player puts him back under his control at the end of his turn and loses the game so he can not choose a player to put him under his control, I assume that at that point phage, return to your graveyard and so you should re-trigger the whispering ability and then we can target another player and so on tell me what you think

PIetro94

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 01:48:00 am »
I do not understand well anyway, I do not know exactly if phage, once it has entered the control of the first player, and makes it lose, it is exiled or put back into your graveyard thus provoking whispers again, I'm not sure someone can clarify me the ideas in any case is a deck / forfun / maybe someone can tell me more, all the comments are welcome =)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:23 am »
When a player leaves the game, if they control any permanents that they do not own, there are only 2 possibilities.  The first is that control reverts back to the original player who controlled that permanent.  This only applies if the permanent had been on the battlefield under one player's control and then gets controlled by another player without ever changing zones.  The second is that they get exiled.  This applies whenever the non-owner player put a permanent into play under their control without it ever being under another player's control.  (A permanent entering the battlefield has no "memory" of ever being there before, even if it is represented by the same card.)  Since Phage is entering the battlefield under an opponent's control (which is required to trigger the game loss), that permanent was never controlled by anyone else.  It will get exiled.
Happy Brewing!
:)

PIetro94

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 01:45:38 pm »
conclusion: this deck can kill a maximum of 4 opponents with the traditional combo, but does not mean that you can win by attacking phage with auras or cloaks

HMC_Omega666

• https://instabio.cc/hmcmagicmasters
    • HMC - Magic Masters
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 01:49:52 am »
Nice, but I think you must play 4x dark confidant and just 3 page, and sorry but in a multiplayer game just the player that you  target will lose the game, not the other...

Omega