deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Land control  (Read 471 times)

Anthoniejf223

• Just an average magic player
  • Decks
[Standard] Land control
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:17:33 pm »
Land control

Land & enchantment based creature, and a few counter spells and hand removal with sideboard creature removal.
The carnage tyrant would be if you got them to add to sideboard in place of 1 arborback stomper and 1 dive down and a naturalize. The liliana's defeat would also be a good add to sideboard replace the a naturalize and a vraska contempt .

Benjamin

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Land control
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:52:29 pm »
Where is the win con? Riddleform? Against some aggro decks it's a bit slow, but idea is good. Hour of Promise can be great there. And also Blood Moon can totally destroy your game plan, but it would probably not be played.

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:55:13 pm »
The win condition is beat down by creatures using hostile desert as the main creature. It also runs a bunch of deserts to use with hashes oasis which will pump up the creatures. And then it runs hand removal to help protect your land creature it also can create a few zombies as blockers and can help with damage output. I know it is a bit on the weak side but I'm still going through cards to boost its power. As for blood moon this is a standard deck, the only card that is a threat like that is blood sun. And most decks might run that in sideboard but that is why I have naturalize to help remove it. Because most of my land have mana abilities which allows me not to lose to much effect. With the hand removal that it runs it won't be to hard to spot. But if you or anybody knows of a non creature sultai color card or cards that can aid in winning I'll take any and all input, with the latest ban it looks like vehicle, merfolk, dinosaur or control decks might be the main standard decks.

Benjamin

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:40:55 am »
Thanks for answering. Look's interesting. Do you play it? I am interested how this could be going.

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 03:09:54 pm »
I have been trying it out and it is quite fun, hitting an hour of promises always gets me zombies but I usually fetch out all my hostile deserts as long as I have lands in grave yard otherwise I get wilds and driver deserts. This is completed list my personal variant is missing cards right now tell I get paid and can get them. I build decks on mtg familiar then post the idea/ concepr here. I have a 5 color control that is way different then any other I feel, as well as a esper city blessing. Those decks are thoughts that I'm still working with. But this deck is very fun and can still out put good damage. I'm thinking of putting 1 approach of the second sun just as another win condition. Not sure yet.

rippin

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 06:10:56 pm »

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 06:32:51 pm »
Well it would help but I need to work out a few problems before I can do that, if I put 2-3 in to main I'd also want to put 2-3 wayward swordtooth this would give more land quicker but I have to modify the land and the control, it is a plan to boost this deck to a tier 1 deck but I'm also in the process of moving to a new state. So I will keep updating this one as I build and play it. The current version plays quite well.

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 07:00:55 pm »