deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Pirates Life for Me  (Read 910 times)

kiochy

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Pirates Life for Me
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 05:28:15 pm »
Hi, what made you remove the 1of neckbreaker?

why golden demise over fiery cannonade? you don't need ascend to avoid killing your own pirates and it's lighter on your mana base (2R instead of 1BB, with your manabase being mostly red). you already have magma spray and vraska's.

how did the daredevil perform? and the warkite? considered kitesail freebooter? I'm not sure you want 4 daredevil, what is your feedback on this?

last question: why the drowned catacomb sideboard?

Gl for your games and deckbuilding :)

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 06:25:22 pm »
Hey Kiochy!

The dire fleet neck breaker did not really help me win games that i was not already winning, but sometimes i feel like i could remove a Dire Fleet Poisoner and a Dire Fleet Daredevil to add them back in, but its a hard choice.

I dont play this on MTGO, just paper, so at my LGS theres several differnt lists of murfolk aggro, that gets decimated by this card.  I dont care about the 2 pirates i have when i murder 6 unlockable and hexproof murfolk, then tempo a 2 drop pirate.  I might make the change for the Firey Cannonade since i have to tech it in to begin with, and i wont ever tech it in vs another pirate list.  Prolly a better call

Daredevil is OP.  in control you can steal removal and draw power from your opp graveyard and you can exile cards your opp wants to play later with Torrential Gearhulk or remove cards like commit // memory.  but for serious, its really good tempo card since it punishes your OPP for playing spells. and it can be played on turn 2 for a 2 atk first strike creature.  its trick works with Siren's Ruse as well.

Kitesail freebooter to me doesnt belong here.  its trick is sub par to me since it never really removes the spell. i dont know a card i would change it for to be honest. i would like to hear how i could slot this, and what it would do for me outside of the obvious prevent removal.

Drowned Catacomb is to switch out for the islands, so i can play Vraska's Contempt and Golden Demise.  Its not a solid stay, and two may go in the main in place of 2 islands, and i may replace them in my sideboard for 2 Essence scatter , which will be for Blue black midrange and monsters decks that may start poppin up at the FNM.

Let me know what you think!

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 07:53:52 pm »
After doing some review, i think Golden Demise is better than fiery cannonade .  This is because Golden Demise beats Adanto Vangaurd, and works vs pirates.  i realise fiery cannonade has the ascend effect built in for the pirates, but im only playing this effect to either swing for the win, or clear when im losing.

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 08:17:09 pm »

Revision 37

Added/removed cards:
+3 Consign // Oblivion
-3 (SB) Perilous Voyage

Changed amounts:
-3 (Main) +3 (SB) Lightning Strike

kiochy

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 12:25:08 pm »
Hi, sorry for the long delay, life happened.

The beauty of the 1of dire fleet neck breaker is that you can fetch it with a forerunner of the coalition to finish a game quickly. or let him rot in the deck if you don't need it/until you need it .
But it still eat one slot. if you have better thing to slot in.. .

I'm 100% behind the adanto vanguard argument for Golden demise. played against it , it's a nightmare to deal with. about "im only playing this effect to either swing for the win, or clear when im losing." if you play it before swinging .. scraba god and hostage taker are the only one that survives it without ascend. I guess the question is: how easy do you get ascend? about cannonade against pirate heh, dunno. never played against another pirate. dk if I'd like to board in wrath.

I think I'll try daredevil to get an opinion on it. it could work in my deck.

Kitesail serves me well, but my plan is more aggresive than yours so delaying spells may have more value to me than it has for you.

Edit: Now I remember my argument for cannonade: you already have 3 magma spray main and 4 vraska's contempt side to deal with adanto and indestructible/hard to remove targets. the question holds: "How fast/easy is it to get ascend?

edit 2: here's my deck, may helps understand why I value canno and neck breaker. my plan is more aggro than yours, so I may "overevaluate" canno's and neck breaker's impact in your deck (which is a bit slower but more tempo/control-ish than mine)

edit3: forgot to paste the link ... https://deckstats.net/decks/24547/908994--rix-rb-pirate/fr
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:50:03 pm by kiochy »

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 11:23:05 pm »
Hey Kiochy,

The deckbreaker could go back in, if i removed 1 or 2 of the 2 drops, im just not feeling that during my matchups, i have the board presence to make a difference with this, and allot of 1 cost removal can turn my 4 mana into nothing instantly.  With your decklist, it would most defininately be at the top of the curve for my creatures.

The thing with cannonde for me the most is the damage part.  Damage can be mitigated, and damage is countered by invincible.  the -2/-2 gets around invincible by not doing damage, or destroying the creature.  aslo, cannonade would not do anything for me vs your deck :P .

The thing with kitesail for me in this list is that i play vs alot of midrange u/b and u/b control, approach, and mono red, and they have so much removal, that it would honestly at best let me see my opponents hand.  The counter argument from myself is that i get to see my opp hand, and it eats a removal, which is good for me cause i have much better cards i would like to not be removed out countered. Kitesail eating a castout, fatal push, or moment of craving seems good to me.

thanks for the list and reply

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 02:23:17 am »
FNM Games last night:

0-2 U/B Control.  40 minute first game that saw 2 memories played from the graveyard, and him having playing 10 fatal pushes, 4 vraskas contempts, 5 moment of craving, 4 essence scatters, and 4 torrential gearhulks.  got him down to 4 before he killed me.  i could not get the final swings in through 38 health.  Im not sure how i could have improved this game outside of my OPP having a horrible hand.  2nd game i added the Essence Scatter and contempts in place of 3 magma spray 4 fanatical firebrand.  I lost to turns when he contempted and moment of craving creatures just to get back to 12 HP from my 8. sad day for me.  he added early game creatures

0-2 Grixis energy.  Not much to say, lost on turn 6 both games, mulled to 5 first game and 6 second and played with 2 lands both games.  Horrible draws and got BTFO. didnt get to do much these games.

2-0 G/W Cats.  Yea long ez games.

2-1 Mono-W Approach. the game i lost was back to back 2nd suns.  made me want to sideboard the negates i removed

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 04:24:12 pm »
Ditched Angrath, the Flame-Chained to help lower curve and add more removal. Its nice but its not great. 

Hard decision to mainboard abrade vs lightning strikeMarch of the drowned sideboard is not a thing YET.

Revision 40

Added/removed cards:
-2 Angrath, the Flame-Chained
+2 (SB) March of the Drowned

Changed amounts:
-1 Fanatical Firebrand
+3 (Main) -3 (SB) Lightning Strike
+1 (SB) Abrade

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 04:54:15 pm »
little somethin more for the long game

Revision 41

Changed amounts:
-1 Magma Spray
+2 (Main) -2 (SB) March of the Drowned
-1 Siren's Ruse

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 04:58:46 am »
FNM Games:

1-2 White Cities blessing aggro.  Got btfo by 3 mana hand dump. Heart of Kiran, Scrapheap scourger, toolcraft got me good. no mana problems

*Bye*

1-2 G/R Nissa Aggro.  1 game was close.  2 game ez win.  game 3 i got mana screwed with fetid pools into drowned catacombs into drowned catacombs.  my 2 Direfleet poisoner got magma sprayed on rip game 3, then the mana screw happened.

2-1 U/B Midrange.  Game 1 was long and grindy.  Game 2 was the scarab god for OPP on turn 5 and i had no answer.  Game 3 was Me having turn 1 firebrand turn 2 Direfleet Daredevil turn 3 Captian Lannary Storm turn 4 The Scarab God.  he had no answer for the god, so i proceeded to run away with game.

Might start playin on tuesdays to get more practice in until Arena comes out.

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 04:20:44 pm »
Dont mind me just experimenting with lands

Revision 42

Added/removed cards:
-3 Fetid Pools

Changed amounts:
+3 (Main) -3 (SB) Abrade
-1 Canyon Slough
-3 (Main) +3 (SB) Consign // Oblivion
+1 Dragonskull Summit
+1 Drowned Catacomb
+2 Mountain

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 06:44:35 pm »
When i have the ability to craft all these cards in MTG Arena, i will be able to grind out the list for better analysis.

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 07:05:18 pm »
more control matchup hate

Revision 45

Added/removed cards:
+2 (SB) Doomfall

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 05:08:08 pm »

Revision 46

Changed amounts:
+3 (Main) -3 (SB) Abrade
-3 (Main) +3 (SB) Lightning Strike

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2018, 06:23:07 pm »
Revisiting deck. Reworked the deck to be more competitive in the standard Meta.