deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Polyraptor combo  (Read 1206 times)

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
[Standard] Polyraptor combo
« on: January 23, 2018, 04:34:46 pm »
Polyraptor combo

Play Champion of Rhonas on Turn
Play Forerunner of the Empire to get Polyraptor from library on following turn
Attack and Extert Champion of Rhonas to cheat Polyraptor out same turn you drew it

If you have Heroic Intervention in hand you have 2 options:

Play it for infinite
     or
Hold for Board Wipe

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Polyraptor combo
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:15:32 pm »
   The deck looks good so far, how has your consistency been with it? Have you had the opportunity to test it out?

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:34:00 pm »
Only with paper vs friends decks, which have very little consistancy, so im not sure its good vs Meta, but standard is tonite at my LGS so i can give you feedback later.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:51:42 pm »
I wish you the best of luck. Word of advice, don't get baited into swinging with polyraptor if you don't have too. Watch how often you trigger it's enrage effect so no one burns it out with magma spray or something of that nature.

Razalar

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:21:45 pm »
If Polyraptor's enrage goes off at least once before it is killed it shouldn't matter about single target removal since the effect is exponential because the copies have enrage. Magma spray's target would be the Forerunner of the Empire if they want the shenanigans to stop. 

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:27:55 pm »
The only way to deal with plyraptor is either by exiling it or a full destruction spell. Magma spray will deal damage so then it makes a polyraptor token with the same abilities and then exile the polyraptor.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 05:39:45 am »
So basically you'd have to flicker them all out or do a mass exile with cards such as settle the wreckage.

chochko

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 10:12:01 am »
16 mana... too little to be viable - more than 50 of the games you will have no play at all.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 12:53:54 pm »
How r u gonna play Polyraptor at cmc8 when u have 16 lands
Nils is the God I worship

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 02:05:40 pm »
I went 2-1-1.  I didnt have a problem with mana.  Channeler initiates and ranging raptors help get the mana you need on the field.  after the first game i played 4 evolving wilds in place of 2 mountain and 2 forest.

Magma spray is for early game removal.  I did help clear a scarab god that blocked the 3/3 dino.

I never played Polyraptor with mana,  I only got it on the field by exerting Rhonas.  The play is to have Champion of Rhonas out and play the Forerunner of the Empire to search Polyraptor in your hand, and free summon him when you exert rhonas.  You get 8 5/5 tokens this way, and deal 3 damageto the whole board, which means Rhonas and the forrunner die to.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:34:43 pm by Njoker87 »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
Good plays. What were some of your negative matchups when it came to this deck?

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 02:38:03 pm »
everything aggro, if you cannot pull the combo off in time.  Forerunner can clear for you with the hatchling early game if they just spread, but most times if you dont get early removal you just lose.

i lost mostly to being a new player and not knowing when to play to my outs, i think for playing at my LGS the guys kinda took it easy on me when it came to the priority of spells and helped my with interactions.  I think if there was a way for me to grind games i could master the deck, and win even without the combo. 

I believe against good serious players, aggro will be a hard match up.  I did not play against any control heavy match ups, like the dood playing 4 Tetzimocs and 12 removal, but im sure i would have no idea how to play against that guys deck, and complete the combo.  I think it would have to be something where i sideboard Bloodlust Inciter and wait for a turn where i could dump the combo with a lucky stick of Forerunner of the Empire.

not 100% sure if thats correct, but its fun either way
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:45:46 pm by Njoker87 »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:48 pm »
I would almost drop naturalize and get some type of draw power for your deck. You won't always be guaranteed the combo so drawing/filtering for the combo would also be a plus.

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 05:24:41 pm »
Well there's Aggro, mid-ranged/combo decks, and Control. If you're playing against control players you can either outpace them with fast aggro creatures, or you can remove their resources like doing land destruction or hand removal like forcing discards. This is an aggro deck build so you'd want to go for fast and Early plays. Sneak in that damage any way that you can. Even charging tuskodon can be a bomb if it gets big enough with its trample and double damage.

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 04:33:44 am »
im looking to replace Channeler Initiate