deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Polyraptor combo  (Read 1205 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Polyraptor combo
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 07:29:51 am »
Why not add new horizons ? It only cost 3 mana, it's the same color as the channeler initiate, the card gives a creature a +1/+1 counter (making your creatures stronger so you can cause more enrage triggers), and the enchantment gives you TWO mana of ANY color. Similar ability but less drawback.

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 07:35:02 am »
if i replace it, its gotta be with another creature.  i need a little more resilience in the early game. my thoughts are:
-2 Evolving Wilds
-1 removal (Abrade atm)
-1 removal (Magma Spray atm)
For
4 creatures
and
-4 Rile for Dual shot or shake the grounds
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:36:54 am by Njoker87 »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 07:57:39 am »
why not add deathgorge scavenger, it's a good dino, low mana cost, and it does double duty by messing with the opponent's graveyard and giving you advantage. Just by it entering and attacking it could potentially being a 5/4 within two turns, 1 turn if it has haste.

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 04:51:07 pm »
Im rethinking the speed of the deck...... maybe an alternate win con

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 06:16:06 pm »
All i'm going to say is tho be careful with how many strategies that you implement, you don't want to water down your deck's effectiveness. But if you have any ideas then I'm all ears. You can do the mass dino token spam combo or you can do an enrage dino-esque build where all your enrage creatures deal damage to the opponent. It's almost like a mono-red burn deck only the focus is on your creatures, there will be green in the deck, and the deck will have a longer lasting sustainability.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 06:21:56 pm »
If u have an alternate win con thay ties in with the theme.. the best example i can think of is grixis storm using Doomsday as a win con. They meld perfectly
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »
@Soren, you'd mean an JUND storm since the deck is already R/G right? Changing the colors entirely would basically change this entire deck.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 07:46:06 pm »
I mean that was an example of a deck that uses an alternate win con that doesn't hurt the theme, not really format specific

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 06:22:36 am »
What you could do is combo Sunbird's Invocation with Ghalta primal hunger. This would work for you more times than one because The enchantment says that you can play anything that is equal to or less than the CONVERTED MANA COST of the card, NOT how much you paid to cast it. So here is what you do...
   1) Play some creatures on the field
   2) Play the enchantment
   3) Play Ghalta primal hunger
   4) Play Polyraptor for free
   5) use whatever burn spells that you want to get as much advantage out of polyraptor that you can

Or you can build up big creatures and then have multiple copies of trove of temptation. This way you can keep crushing all of their small creatures with your big stompy dino.
How does this sound to you?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 06:37:14 am »
My problem is the mana cost for Sunbird's Invocation..

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 07:42:40 pm »
Well the sunbird's invocation cost less than most of the big drop spells in this deck. Also with creatures like ranging raptors you'll be getting card advantage quickly. Especially if you use rile on them. Let's you get a land and a card draw at the same time.

friedpinnapple

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 11:27:51 pm »
Id switch rile for dinosaur stampede as that gives everthing trample. Id switch otepec huntmaster for regisaur alpha as that gives everything haste and the lower cost wont matter if you use champion of rhonas to play polyraptor for free. Im not sure why you have deathgorge scavenger so im guessing its just to exile cards.

Id recomend dual shot 1 cost for two enrage triggers. Tunalli crown, triggers enrage and the higher power increases the odds it gets blocked.

Bellowing aegisaur (which is white) can be a strong add in by adding +1/+1 to everyone else it can further combo with forerunner of the empire and two will make it infinite

Ill be editing for card names
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:32:59 pm by friedpinnapple »

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 03:55:07 pm »
I have Deathgorge Scavenger because i will more than likely be cycling the graveyards back into the deck in control matchups with Struggle // Survive, so i will want to remove as much of my opponents reviveable creatures and reusable spells as possible.

Rile adds a draw Mechanic which every deck needs.  I was thinking of switching this with commune with dinosaurs, because it is a viable turn 1 play which can draw me a needed mana or early game dino.  I will be testing it out and will post the switch if i think its doing more work.  Rile is dependent on me having a board.

I dont want to play a mid range game with people, so i try and focus on getting the combo off.  I think i need to remove 1 set of combo pieces (which i draw very often and gets stuck in my hand) and main board Heroic Intervention

Njoker87

• naw bruh
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 05:22:05 pm »

Revision 35

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Heroic Intervention
-1 Savage Stomp
-1 Struggle // Survive
+3 (Main) -3 (SB) Tormenting Voice