deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dominaria theories predictions  (Read 5157 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Dominaria theories predictions
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 03:35:40 am »
I'd be happy seeing Urza in some form but I really would like a break from Jace.

He's just been shoved down our throats.
This space for rent.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 06:38:07 am »
Perhaps we find out more about the Raven Man.  Personally, I wonder if he is the shade of Mishra.  We know Mishra was into biological and artiface magic, seeking to fuse the two together.  Perhaps a part of him is infused in the Chain Veil, whose origins are dubious.

I expect to see Jhoira, Karn and Teferi as Planeswalkers, especially with Teferi's time manipulations.  I also expect to see Ajani (who specifically said he was going to Dominaria).  But I think their first challenge will be surviving the Sliver Hive.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »
Hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing some new slivers...especially ones that would fit into my Sliver EDH deck.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 06:47:36 pm »
I could go for some more zombies, maybe have Liliana's brother become a legendary creature. That would be cool to see and would add some depth to the story. Bolas offers Liliana the cure to save her brother if she pledges her obedience to him.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 08:03:59 pm »
Dude, I'm always down for more zombies!

Liliana's brother as one would be sick.
This space for rent.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 09:37:49 pm »
I love these sorts of posts!

I definitely believe that the Raven Man is Yawgmoth.
  • An entity from Dominaria - invades Liliana's mind just after the mending (host/parasite)
  • The person that gave Liliana, Heretical Healer the means to 'save' her brother turning him into an undead (Yawgmoth is the Thran's original heretical healer)
  • Obsessed with self-preservation, and fueling Liliana's self-obsession

I would love Urza, Academy Headmaster to return. A way they could do it, whilst reducing Karn, Silver Golem 's power is to transfer Urza's power back to him. Maybe Urza's essence could be transferred someway, into another person. (Jace, Vryn's Prodigy)?

I'm not so sure about Mishra, I thought he was completely destroyed by Urza in the Sylex blast after being transformed into a Phyrexian by Gix's taint. Urza see's him in Phyrexia but he might have been an apparition sent to torment Urza by Yawgmoth.

Nicol Bolas wants to become an omnipotent planeswalker again. In doing so he might inadvertently release Yawgmoth and his power from Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Creating another phyrexian threat.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 11:33:35 pm »
yawgmoth had a lot of storm cards involve him although that is a mechanic wizards would like us to forget it exist. although it would be an interesting comeback. I think raven man and liliana are gonna end up fighting maybe liliana finally masters the chain veil?
I can't even read

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 11:41:29 pm »
I can be 100% certain they wont bring it back. Just like they they wont reprint taxing effects and multi mana lands
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 05:50:58 am »
Well if you think about it, Wizards of the coast are trying to go back to roots as far as story telling goes in the MTG universe. So just think on what HAS happened, what is OCCURRING, and what effects those actions may have on the future. For example,
      Gideon realizes just how vulnerable he really is ink the universe. Maybe he goes back home to Theros and gains a new color by fighting Ashiok, nightmare weaver. That would be traumatic for Gideon if he had to face the shades,, or rather, the "Ghosts of his pasts".
     Or perhaps Nissa goes back home to Zendikar or to Shandalar by accident and runs into Garruk. That would be an interesting encounter. The protector of world hearts vs. The primal force of nature.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »
Well if you think about it, Wizards of the coast are trying to go back to roots as far as story telling goes in the MTG universe. So just think on what HAS happened, what is OCCURRING, and what effects those actions may have on the future. For example,
      Gideon realizes just how vulnerable he really is ink the universe. Maybe he goes back home to Theros and gains a new color by fighting Ashiok, nightmare weaver. That would be traumatic for Gideon if he had to face the shades,, or rather, the "Ghosts of his pasts".
     Or perhaps Nissa goes back home to Zendikar or to Shandalar by accident and runs into Garruk. That would be an interesting encounter. The protector of world hearts vs. The primal force of nature.

Do you really think they'll still focus on the core planeswalkers? I mean, I would rather us get something a little different. Personally, I would have rather Gideon had died on Amonkhet. But we can't all get what we want!  :P

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 04:21:31 pm »
Really hoping for a small break from the Gatewatch. Would be nice to see some of the historic PW. The only one I could deal with seeing in this set is Liliana.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:24 pm »
Considering The spoiler pictures it's understandable for them to include the walkers of ls. But Ajani did mention that he was going to look for new members for the gatewatch. Perhaps this is Wizards way of tying together old and new people. Plus keep in mind that everyone basically ran for their lives last time they fought bolas. I think that it'd be safe to assume that when everyone comes to that they'll be looking for their friends.  And possible encounter some new ones in the process. New worlds mean new possibilities. 

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 05:48:27 pm »
So I've found out a lot of information based on artwork released and I can safely say that these are going to be in Dominaria. The focus is said to be on Legends, I figure that means a lot of Legendary Creatures as seen in Kamigawa.

Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Jhoira of the Ghitu, Tivadar of Thorn, Karn Silver Golem

Thelon of Havenwood (Llanowar Elves) - Maybe

Returning to places Tolaria West (formerly - Tolarian Academy)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 05:50:51 pm »
This means Sisay for EDH will be happy

Soren841

• Decks