deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dominaria theories predictions  (Read 5156 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Dominaria theories predictions
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 05:29:44 am »
Another Ugin planeswalker would be meh.. I wanna see a legendary creature
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 06:04:29 am »
Domri Rade reprint anyone? He'd be crazy in standard with all of those dinos running around. How about a new Ral Zarek anyone? After all isn't he an agent of bolas as well? It would be interesting when Niv-Mizzet Dracogenius discovers a mole in his guild.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 03:45:57 pm »
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/sabotage-2018-01-31
Ugin?

I would not want to be the gatewatch on the same plane as Ugin. Planeswalker dragons are the last people you wanna cross, and our band of heroes killed 2/3's of Ugin's plan to remove Bolas forever, and also delivered the McGuffin of Power that would trap Bolas on a plane straight to the Grixis God-Pharaoh - because what harm could come from giving the heart of malevolence a planeswalker spark from before the Mending?

Gatewatch got some 'splainin to do, let's hope for their sake, Ugin goes easy on them when they finally meet up, on Dominaria or Ravnica on the next non-core sets after Dominaria.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »
I will admit that their hearts are in the right place, but all of their personal flaws really do keep the group from being as coordinated as they should be. Jace finally has grown into the man that he was meant to be so at least that's a start in the right direction. Nissa, Chandra, Gideon, Liliana, and Ajani are all dynamic and diverse people but in the end everyone has their own end goals. It's hard to work with a team when everyone is in one way or another out for themselves.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 06:16:04 pm »
So what will happen is that Urza will be resurrected, just like the sundering in D&D. He then ports every major player in the multiverse to compete in Urza's Unstable Battle Royal.

The Gatewatch have to fight in arena matches to the death. (Just because)

Jace loses his eyes after having them gouged out by Kiora's trident. However, he manages to use his telepath powers to make Kiora beat herself to death with her own tentacles.

Gideon meanwhile loses his arm after Nahiri cleaves it off with her lithomancer blade, but his hand tents/surals w/e manage to sunder her blade with her, just as she thinks he's defeated.
Tezzeret has his etherium arm torn off by Garruk, which Garruk uses to beat him to death with. (It is later given to Gideon, grafted in place of his missing arms).

Khan pulls off Nissa's limbs when she tries to swallow him in a sinkhole. (Because that's what golems do, right?)

Liliana uses the chain veil on Sorin, turning him into her corpse puppet, which she makes dance to entertain children on weekends.

Meanwhile, Chandra lights up the arena with some fancy pyromantic displays, inadvertently blinding Vraska in the process.
Seeing her advantage Chandra immolates Vraska's hair snakes offering it to the spectators as street food.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:40:34 pm by Mnemosyne »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 05:48:02 am »
I shan't be controlled by any necromancer good sir, but I do like the idea of Garruk senselessly beating tezzeret to death. Honestly I think that Gideon needs a trip back home. Maybe he can become a R/W walker after fighting Ashiok or he could go to Alara and help the angels and humans fight the demon hordes invading from Grixis. But what would be really crazy is if Chandra goes to Ravnica and she becomes friends with Domri Rade or maybe she joins the Izzet League and learns metal-craft like her parents. That would be an interesting spin on things.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 06:06:59 am »
Mnemosyne,

That is freaking hillarious!!! I literally laughed out loud at that!

:)
Happy Brewing!

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 06:16:44 am »
I think we are going to see a plane dealing with/reeling from the events of The Mending.  Dominaria, when last we saw it, had been temporally fractured.  I think that will still be the case.  I think we will have 3 new planeswalker cards.  One will probably be a Gatewatch member, like Ajani.  Another will probably be a post-Mending planeswalker that we have seen before, like Karn.  The third will be a character from Dominaria's past (pre-Mending), like Serra.
Happy Brewing!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 06:35:21 am »
Oh yeah, and wasn't there like some avatar that became corrupted or something back in the days before time spiral? I think she was an avatar of law or something but she was turned mono-black. Also don't forget Crovak.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 07:12:31 am »
Ertai, Mirri, and Crovax were all corrupted by the Phyrexians at some point in various timelines.  Jeska became Phage the Untouchable.  I don't remember the details of that story.  That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Happy Brewing!

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 05:48:03 pm »
slightly off topic but it keeps popping up what are vanguard cards
I can't even read

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:22 pm »
Theyre used in a casual format. They have static abilitied and change starting life and hand size. They arent cast its just there

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 06:19:42 pm »
So it's like the casual format for commander?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 06:20:28 pm »
Idk specifics its just a static modification to ur game