deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Search clarity, tag case-sensitivity, and resorting custom lists  (Read 451 times)

ImAWizardHarry

• Decks
Hello,

I was wondering if the following 3 concerns could be addressed by the site devs?

Deck Search
When displaying search results on https://deckstats.net/decks/search, each page is linked over and underneath the results.
  • Rather than bolding the active page number, could you change the color of its box altogether to give it more pop?
  • Would it also be possible to have "Previous" and "Next" buttons implemented?
Deck Editor
When editing a decklist in the new Deck Editor, it automatically alphabetizes your list, even when custom ordering was set in the old Text-based Editor.
The only work-around I've discovered is viewing the text-form decklist and copy-pasting it to preserve the existing formatting whenever I wish to update.
  • Could a toggle, or fix for this behavior, be implemented?
Deck Tags
Finally, deck tags appear to be case-sensitive. This can make otherwise identical tags such as "rwb" and "RWB" redundant, and dilutes the user's ability to search the DeckStats database.
  • Could such case-sensitivity be removed, allowing tag results to consolidate and better facilitate users in searching for ideas?

Thank you for looking into these, and building this site in the first place :)

Nils

• Decks
Re: Search clarity, tag case-sensitivity, and resorting custom lists
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:26:52 am »
Thank you for all your suggestions!

I have just updated our page buttons to improve the highlighting of the current page and add previous/next buttons. I hope this is what you had in mind! I have also been working on making deck tags case-insensitive, but this is unfortunately slightly complicated for technical reasons. I am aiming to have this corrected soon though.

Finally, I will also add your suggestion about the deck list sorting to my list! This is something that is also a bit hard because of technical reasons, but I have some ideas for how to sort this out too.

ImAWizardHarry

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:20:13 am »
Yes, you nailed the first one perfectly  :D

Thank you for the prompt reply, and looking forward to future updates!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 02:07:21 am »
I have fixed the deck tags as well now! All decks should now end up with the same tag no matter how you capitalize it.